CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

XDA’s Top 5 Stories and Videos for 2014 – XDA TV

Yesterday we talked about our favorite Xposed Mods from 2014 on XDA Xposed … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Does ATT look for tether the same as TMobile?

OP KCJunkman

8th March 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

77 posts
I will be moving to ATT by the end of the month, currently using the untether mod through exposed, working great. I was wondering if this method will work after I switch to ATT..searched around, but didnt see this anywhere recently discussed

KCJunkman
9th March 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJunkman

I will be moving to ATT by the end of the month, currently using the untether mod through exposed, working great. I was wondering if this method will work after I switch to ATT..searched around, but didnt see this anywhere recently discussed

KCJunkman

I have XT1053 DE with unlocked bootloader and rooted on AT&T GoPhone. I can confirm that built-in USB and WiFi tethering work fine but I only used them for a short while just to see that it works. I don't know if AT&T detects it and if it does - what it will do. I also don't know if postpaid AT&T any different.
10th March 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 20

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJunkman

I read on another site that there is some sort of tether cloaker for ATT if you are rooted but I can't remember where I read it.
10th March 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 19

80 posts
To tether on TMobile you need to be rooted? I'm switching over and would like to know before I do.
10th March 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

77 posts
Well, I am on the unlimited plan, which started to come with a 2.5 gig hotspot. When I wasn't rooted, obviously my data rose on the hotspot when is tethered my iPad, but after rooting and using exposed etc. my hotspot data has stayed at .1 meg for that last 2 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #6  
Flag Woodstock, GA
Thanks Meter: 32

164 posts
More
I got a slap on the wrist from AT&T after I used tethering for about a week. I called them for something and they essentially said "if you keep doing that, we'll start charging you for a tethering plan."
10th March 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #7  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 175

759 posts
More
AT&T Mobile Share plans have a bucket of data, and it can be used on the device or tethering ... doesn't matter how you use it.
10th March 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 20

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morehush

I got a slap on the wrist from AT&T after I used tethering for about a week. I called them for something and they essentially said "if you keep doing that, we'll start charging you for a tethering plan."

do you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan.
10th March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #9  
Flag Woodstock, GA
Thanks Meter: 32

164 posts
More
Nope, at the time I had a 2gb data plan.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread