Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root

Tip us?

winn75
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Root

What's the best and easiest way to basically root Sprint 4.4.2 kitkat? I only want the Wifi Tether app running.

M973
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by winn75 View Post
What's the best and easiest way to basically root Sprint 4.4.2 kitkat? I only want the Wifi Tether app running.
You'll see plenty of posts about this, but I believe unless you have a bootloader that can be unlocked, there is no root for 4.4.2

NightThyme
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by M973 View Post
You'll see plenty of posts about this, but I believe unless you have a bootloader that can be unlocked, there is no root for 4.4.2
true but all sprint Moto X's can be unlocked; it just voids your warranty.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn75 View Post
get a bootloader unlock code from Motorola - voids your warranty but it is the only way once you are on 4.4.2.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Yeah, when it comes to 4.4.2, unlock your bootloader via Moto's web site (which voids the warranty on non-Developer Edition phones) -> https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-a/action/auth

Then root by following -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ev-ed-t2649738
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-