5,595,964 Members 31,027 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Just got AT&T motox,I want to fix a few random thing that seriously bug me.

Tip us?

phantommaggot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Just got AT&T motox,I want to fix a few random thing that seriously bug me.

So, I picked up a moto-x.
I was pretty much happy with 4.2 other than the att contacts/ sms app but I was gonna attempt to find a workaround for that after I got the phone set up.
However, when I finally got the phone just about where I wanted AT&T forced the 4.4 update down my throat. This changed a few more things that I want to fix.

I HATE being forced to use apps I don't want to use. The beauty of the motorola to me is the black/teal (Now white -_-) interface in all the menus including texting and contacts. Now I'm stuck using that garbage from AT&T or google hangouts, neither of which I want anything to do with. I have yet to find a way to disable it without root. I was thinking I could use the app sender to send the original apps from my Electrify M, Would that work?

Since the update, Google keyboard has.... hidden... the enter key. I have to hit shift to see an enter/return key in order to start a new line of text. That is BEYOND horrible. I did some digging on line and came across a thread (which I tried to link..... ) where, what I assume are google employee, are acting if asking for a fix is the same as asking for a new feature. That kind of attitude from google is kind of lame. I do not have an option to disable the smiley key and it seems like others that previously had the option have lost it. I may also try sending swype from my electrify M if it would work. Does anyone know a way to fix that smiley issue?

So, what do you guys think? I really don't want to root my phone, but my phone is a personal thing to me, and having it set up just how I like it means a lot. So would I be better off just rooting back to 4.2/4.3?

Would it be safe to try sending the apps from my USC Electrify M? (Text, people, contacts, swype)

Anyways,
Thanks in advance for any advice, tips ETC

kuro69
Old
(Last edited by kuro69; 23rd December 2013 at 08:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Same Issue

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1623
Why not just use a keyboard from the play store... And a messaging app? You don't need root to do that.

Or did I miss something?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Or use RSDlite and go back to 4.2.2?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

T-Keith
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I don't understand? The stock sms app should still be on your phone, keyboards are plentiful in the play store.
Personally I love hangouts and wish more people would quit sms since I'm still on a limited plan.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Moto X 32GB
Nexus 7 (2012)
HP printer with Zeen Tablet (2.2)
HP touchpads

kuro69
Old
Thanks Meter 0
best solution I fond with NO root needed in app for SMS called Textra SMS

install > change to default text app > replace Icon with new one the green "T"

and you done

all options inside work great NO ROOT