Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,426 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T Radio & XT1053

Tip us?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 611

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Flashing the AT&T radio probably won't help. GSM stands for "Global Standard for Mobile Communications". It is a standard and does not differ from carrier to carrier.

Additionally, the XT1053 supports 1 extra UTMS band, and lacks 2 LTE bands that the XT1058 has (but this doesn't affect you because AT&T doesn't use those 2 bands, and the XT1053 DOES support all the bands AT&T currently uses).

You can flash the XT1058 baseband IF you have an unlocked bootloader, but you probably won't get any support here. We don't like to support phones with mismatched software/basebands -- they just cause too many problems.

If you insist on doing it (assuming you are unlocked), you would flash fsg.mbn (modem) from the XT1058 SBF, and you would need to:

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

I urge you not to do this. Flashing a mismatched radio will often result in WORSE battery life, and you may not even get a signal on some or all bands.
I need to revise my previous statement. I've discovered that "NON-HLOS.bin" is the actual modem/baseband itself, and "fsg.mbn" appears to be a master backup of the baseband cache.
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

mandrsn1
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplugDev View Post
That's interesting. You didn't encounter any stability issues with that?
Not at all
The Following User Says Thank You to mandrsn1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]