AT&T sim locked Moto X

Search This thread

goTouch

Need help!!

My friend gave me an AT&T SIM locked Moto X. I tried to buy an unlock code at internet and did not work. Tried another online service and they provide me the same unlock code.

I think it is hardlocked and I am not going to be able to unlock it!

Do you guys have any possible idea to unlock it? Or do I have a useless phone forerver?

Thx

goTouch

It's so sad to have a Moto X in my hands and not being able to use it.

I think it is really hard locked. I don't know if it is worse to buy another unlock code. Two companies failed with me trying to unlock it. At least they gave the money back.

Enviado de meu Nexus 5 usando Tapatalk

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
You can try a few more unlock places but there does seem to be the odd AT&T Moto X that nobody has an unlock code for. Other people have reported the same problem. You don't get too many tries to input the unlock code, even if you run out the phone can still be used on AT&T, but then it can never be unlocked.

Reactions: goTouch

goTouch

You can try a few more unlock places but there does seem to be the odd AT&T Moto X that nobody has an unlock code for. Other people have reported the same problem. You don't get too many tries to input the unlock code, even if you run out the phone can still be used on AT&T, but then it can never be unlocked.

Really? Didn't know about this. I have never had any problem unlocking phones.

I'm going to send an email to AT&T.

Thanks for replying.

okaban

Feb 18, 2008
Cork
Need help!!

My friend gave me an AT&T SIM locked Moto X. I tried to buy an unlock code at internet and did not work. Tried another online service and they provide me the same unlock code.

I think it is hardlocked and I am not going to be able to unlock it!

Do you guys have any possible idea to unlock it? Or do I have a useless phone forerver?

Thx

Try the app from Google Play - "Unlock your Moto X", I got unlocked from AT&T within like 20 minutes for the 10 euro or so (everybody else asking 15-25)

cocchiararo

Sep 11, 2007
Escobar
Try the app from Google Play - "Unlock your Moto X", I got unlocked from AT&T within like 20 minutes for the 10 euro or so (everybody else asking 15-25)

that is the app by "unlockunit"

The app failed to charge me using paypal (dunno why), but i went to their site and all was dandy.

I have to say again tho, they say they give you 50% back if you make a youtuve video, which i did, and they never gave it back.

okaban

Feb 18, 2008
Cork
that is the app by "unlockunit"

The app failed to charge me using paypal (dunno why), but i went to their site and all was dandy.

I have to say again tho, they say they give you 50% back if you make a youtuve video, which i did, and they never gave it back.

How did you enter the code? Have you put in the allien SIM or just typed in #073887*? And what happens after you enter it?

Does the phone work with AT&T SIM at all? If not - yes, it may be blocked by IMEI or something. In this case it is impossible to use it with any US carrier.

cocchiararo

Sep 11, 2007
Escobar
I put in the sim card of my provider, then it asked for the code, and it accepted the one provided by unlockunit.

I bought my Moto X contract free on the moto maker... i could have chosen Tmobile, but somehow chose ATT... There is no LTE here in Argentina, so it is the same, and i could have gotten an unlocked phone with unlockable bootloader... but i had to make just another mistake.

goTouch

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
AT&T most likely won't unlock your phone because it's been subsidized. They now require you to wait until the 2 year contract is over which sucks.

arlufg

Jun 21, 2014
I put in the sim card of my provider, then it asked for the code, and it accepted the one provided by unlockunit.

I bought my Moto X contract free on the moto maker... i could have chosen Tmobile, but somehow chose ATT... There is no LTE here in Argentina, so it is the same, and i could have gotten an unlocked phone with unlockable bootloader... but i had to make just another mistake.

can i ask you if you actived at&t sim before unlock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock code from unlockunity didn't work.

It is definitely hardlocked! :(

I'm not gonna die, but this is still sad.

Try swiftunlock I just used their services and got my code after three others failed. I don't know if it works yet, but it should.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk