Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aws

Tip us?

azzurrony
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Aws

Ok..so does 4.4.2 finally give us AWS on verizon? Need it badly here in NYC. Delay is activating this band is ridiculous

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
Ok..so does 4.4.2 finally give us AWS on verizon? Need it badly here in NYC. Delay is activating this band is ridiculous
4.4 on my Verizon Dev X appears to give me AWS LTE... I say that because I get LTE signal when using my T-Mobile USA SIM in my X. And T-Mobile supports Band 4, not Band 13.

Vandyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
4.4 on my Verizon Dev X appears to give me AWS LTE... I say that because I get LTE signal when using my T-Mobile USA SIM in my X. And T-Mobile supports Band 4, not Band 13.
4.4 VZ Dev Ed gives me band 4 LTE with a TMo SIM. Have yet to try it since flashing a EU 4.4.2 file (kept my 4.4 VZ radios, so I can't imagine it would change much, but Play Store recognizes my device as XT1052 now, which I find funny).

azzurrony
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
What app do you use to check the band?

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
What app do you use to check the band?
I have nothing that will display the LTE Band. I would love to find one that does.

For me, its process of Elimination.. VZW X initially supported LTE Band 13, which T-mobile doesn't support. T-Mobile does support LTE Band 4, which is the only other VZW LTE Band. (VZW lists Band 13 and 4 on their page for the X). Since I get LTE with my T-Mobile SIM it must be LTE band 4.

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2,585

DONATE TO ME
If you get T-Mobile LTE in any device, it supports AWS LTE, period.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

titanshadow
Old
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
I understand the process of elimination but on my SGS3 it would give me a band number (Band 13 in my case) but my Moto X gives me no band number. Is there a way to find out what band it is actually connected to?
Cyanogenmod is to the average user as caviar is to the general.

https://plus.google.com/+DavidHagar/

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2,585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshadow View Post
I understand the process of elimination but on my SGS3 it would give me a band number (Band 13 in my case) but my Moto X gives me no band number. Is there a way to find out what band it is actually connected to?
As far as I know, no, not on vanilla Android. I also own a Galaxy S4 and what you're talking about is integrated into TouchWiz.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

The Following User Says Thank You to Product F(RED) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azzurrony
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The Moto X used to tell you what Band it was on...this was prior to the Kitkat update. After that, I have been unable to find an app that tells me what band it is using. If anyone else has ideas, let me know. (BTW I am not rooted.)