Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Aws

30th January 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Ok..so does 4.4.2 finally give us AWS on verizon? Need it badly here in NYC. Delay is activating this band is ridiculous
30th January 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 799

1,998 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony

Ok..so does 4.4.2 finally give us AWS on verizon? Need it badly here in NYC. Delay is activating this band is ridiculous

4.4 on my Verizon Dev X appears to give me AWS LTE... I say that because I get LTE signal when using my T-Mobile USA SIM in my X. And T-Mobile supports Band 4, not Band 13.
30th January 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #3  
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 16

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

4.4 on my Verizon Dev X appears to give me AWS LTE... I say that because I get LTE signal when using my T-Mobile USA SIM in my X. And T-Mobile supports Band 4, not Band 13.

4.4 VZ Dev Ed gives me band 4 LTE with a TMo SIM. Have yet to try it since flashing a EU 4.4.2 file (kept my 4.4 VZ radios, so I can't imagine it would change much, but Play Store recognizes my device as XT1052 now, which I find funny).
31st January 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
What app do you use to check the band?
31st January 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 799

1,998 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony

What app do you use to check the band?

I have nothing that will display the LTE Band. I would love to find one that does.

For me, its process of Elimination.. VZW X initially supported LTE Band 13, which T-mobile doesn't support. T-Mobile does support LTE Band 4, which is the only other VZW LTE Band. (VZW lists Band 13 and 4 on their page for the X). Since I get LTE with my T-Mobile SIM it must be LTE band 4.
31st January 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #6  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,617

8,883 posts
More
If you get T-Mobile LTE in any device, it supports AWS LTE, period.
31st January 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #7  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 93

610 posts
Donate to Me
More
I understand the process of elimination but on my SGS3 it would give me a band number (Band 13 in my case) but my Moto X gives me no band number. Is there a way to find out what band it is actually connected to?
31st January 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #8  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,617

8,883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshadow

I understand the process of elimination but on my SGS3 it would give me a band number (Band 13 in my case) but my Moto X gives me no band number. Is there a way to find out what band it is actually connected to?

As far as I know, no, not on vanilla Android. I also own a Galaxy S4 and what you're talking about is integrated into TouchWiz.
The Following User Says Thank You to Product F(RED) For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
The Moto X used to tell you what Band it was on...this was prior to the Kitkat update. After that, I have been unable to find an app that tells me what band it is using. If anyone else has ideas, let me know. (BTW I am not rooted.)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread