Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 42,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do anyone have backup of xt1052 4.4.4 rom?

Tip us?
 
samwathegreat
Old
#21  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,593
Posts: 1,882
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcuthber91 View Post
Guys, I am using indian version XT1052 unlocked but recently i flashed t-mobile flashable zip of 4.4.3 and now want to update to 4.4.4 so can i restore this backup of system and boot with twrp?
What version were you on before you used the TMO flashable zip? What is important is what version your bootloader and partition table are on. If you were on 4.4.2 before you flashed the TMO zip, then your bootloader and partition table are still on 4.4.2 and you can safely flash the entire 4.4.2 ROM for YOUR variant (which would be better...), and then take the OTA to 4.4.4.

If you were already on 4.4.4 when you flashed the flashable zip, then DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNGRADE as it will likely brick you. If that is the case, then your best bet is to use this 4.4.4 backup until the full Indian 4.4.4 SBF is released, at which time you should flash it.

Clarify and I will assist you further...
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rahulcuthber91
Old
#22  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 56
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
What version were you on before you used the TMO flashable zip? What is important is what version your bootloader and partition table are on. If you were on 4.4.2 before you flashed the TMO zip, then your bootloader and partition table are still on 4.4.2 and you can safely flash the entire 4.4.2 ROM for YOUR variant (which would be better...), and then take the OTA to 4.4.4.

If you were already on 4.4.4 when you flashed the flashable zip, then DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNGRADE as it will likely brick you. If that is the case, then your best bet is to use this 4.4.4 backup until the full Indian 4.4.4 SBF is released, at which time you should flash it.

Clarify and I will assist you further...
I was previously on 4.4.2 XT1052 and after that i flashed TMO zip(XT1053 4.4.3) and one person told me that if i try to restore my previous backup (XT1052 4.4.2) with twrp and take an OTA then i will likely to brick. hence i have not done anything like that yet.plz clarify this
 
samwathegreat
Old
(Last edited by samwathegreat; 20th August 2014 at 05:50 AM.)
#23  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,593
Posts: 1,882
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcuthber91 View Post
I was previously on 4.4.2 XT1052 and after that i flashed TMO zip(XT1053 4.4.3) and one person told me that if i try to restore my previous backup (XT1052 4.4.2) with twrp and take an OTA then i will likely to brick. hence i have not done anything like that yet.plz clarify this
Ok....bear with me.

Normally what you were told is true. If you had flashed the entire 4.4.3 Tmobile SBF, your bootloader and partition table (these are what you cannot downgrade) would be on 4.4.3, and downgrading would likely brick you.

However, since you used the flashable zip, and NOT the full SBF, your bootloader and partition table are still on 4.4.2. You see, the flashable zip ONLY updates /system and /boot -- it leaves the bootloader and partition table untouched.

As such, your bootloader and partition table are STILL on 4.4.2. This means that you are completely safe to flash the full 4.4.2 Indian XT1052 SBF (OR restore your TWRP backup), because your bootloader and partition table were never updated past 4.4.2. You can then subsequently take the OTA to 4.4.4 without fear of bricking.

Does this all make sense?
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rahulcuthber91
Old
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 56
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Ok....bear with me.

Normally what you were told is true. If you had flashed the entire 4.4.3 Tmobile SBF, your bootloader and partition table (these are what you cannot downgrade) would be on 4.4.3, and downgrading would likely brick you.

However, since you used the flashable zip, and NOT the full SBF, your bootloader and partition table are still on 4.4.2. You see, the flashable zip ONLY updates /system and /boot -- it leaves the bootloader and partition table untouched.

As such, your bootloader and partition table are STILL on 4.4.2. This means that you are completely safe to flash the full 4.4.2 Indian XT1052 SBF (OR restore your TWRP backup), because your bootloader and partition table were never updated past 4.4.2. You can then subsequently take the OTA to 4.4.4 without fear of bricking.

Does this all make sense?
Yes it does make sense now. http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...obile-t2773675

Above is the link from where i flashed zip.so now i will restore my twrp backup of XT1052 4.4.2 and then flash stock recovery and then take an OTA right?where can i find mt stock recovery?
 
samwathegreat
Old
#25  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,593
Posts: 1,882
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcuthber91 View Post
Yes it does make sense now. http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...obile-t2773675

Above is the link from where i flashed zip.so now i will restore my twrp backup of XT1052 4.4.2 and then flash stock recovery and then take an OTA right?
That is indeed the flashable zip I thought you were referring to. Again, it ONLY contains /system and /boot. It doesn't touch your bootloader and partition table, so they are still on 4.4.2.

Yes, that should work fine, assuming your backup doesn't have modifications made to /system as that would cause the OTA to fail the manifest verifications. You cannot have Xposed installed, so uninstall it if you were using it. If for any reason the update fails, you will need to flash the entire 4.4.2 Indian SBF, then take the OTA.

It will probably work fine just restoring the backup, flashing stock recovery back, and taking the OTA.

Good Luck. Let us know how it works out for you.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rahulcuthber91
Old
#26  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 56
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
That is indeed the flashable zip I thought you were referring to. Again, it ONLY contains /system and /boot. It doesn't touch your bootloader and partition table, so they are still on 4.4.2.

Yes, that should work fine, assuming your backup doesn't have modifications made to /system as that would cause the OTA to fail the manifest verifications. You cannot have Xposed installed, so uninstall it if you were using it. If for any reason the update fails, you will need to flash the entire 4.4.2 Indian SBF, then take the OTA.

It will probably work fine just restoring the backup, flashing stock recovery back, and taking the OTA.

Good Luck. Let us know how it works out for you.
Thank you for your quick replies .i will update the status here
 
rahulcuthber91
Old
#27  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 56
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
That is indeed the flashable zip I thought you were referring to. Again, it ONLY contains /system and /boot. It doesn't touch your bootloader and partition table, so they are still on 4.4.2.

Yes, that should work fine, assuming your backup doesn't have modifications made to /system as that would cause the OTA to fail the manifest verifications. You cannot have Xposed installed, so uninstall it if you were using it. If for any reason the update fails, you will need to flash the entire 4.4.2 Indian SBF, then take the OTA.

It will probably work fine just restoring the backup, flashing stock recovery back, and taking the OTA.

Good Luck. Let us know how it works out for you.
Hey,
Should i lock bootloader in order to install ota.?
Also my bootloader version is 30B4.i hope this version has not changed since i flashed tmo zip?
 
samwathegreat
Old
#28  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,593
Posts: 1,882
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcuthber91 View Post
Hey,
Should i lock bootloader in order to install ota.?
Also my bootloader version is 30B4.i hope this version has not changed since i flashed tmo zip?
No, there is no reason to ever lock the BL.

Just do as I instructed. Remember, I already told you that the flashable zip does not touch the BL....
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes