Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anybody order a bamboo moto x through verizon while on a corporate account?

Tip us?

beelbeel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Anybody order a bamboo moto x through verizon while on a corporate account?

So I have read a few threads about using the Moto Maker with a verizon corporate account, and I finally got a redemption PIN. The people who work at verizon stores/support seem to know nothing about how this phone is ordered, but somebody at corporate support was able to help me.

The problem is that when they send you a pin, bamboo is no longer an option. I called my same person back up, and she said she was going to look into it, but it seemed like bamboo may be an online-only option (and therefore not compatible with verizon corporate accounts).

Has anybody here successfully been able to get a bamboo phone with verizon corporate? It might just be out of the question. I really like the moto maker concept, but it is practically incompatible with corporate accounts.

Hikikomori-Otaku
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default This may help

So I've been playing around with Moto Maker for the past few days. My assumption is the bamboo may have been removed as an option as it is an extra $100. What I noticed, though, is on the last step, there is a spot to enter a redemption PIN. In my experience, Just got to MotoMaker, make your Moto X, and that's where you'll find this option. I've only handled personal account, so I don't have a lot of insight with corporate accounts and their restrictions, so you're PIN may not work on that screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss (2014-01-14 at 10.55.01).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	2515666  

beelbeel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori-Otaku View Post
So I've been playing around with Moto Maker for the past few days. My assumption is the bamboo may have been removed as an option as it is an extra $100. What I noticed, though, is on the last step, there is a spot to enter a redemption PIN. In my experience, Just got to MotoMaker, make your Moto X, and that's where you'll find this option. I've only handled personal account, so I don't have a lot of insight with corporate accounts and their restrictions, so you're PIN may not work on that screen.
Unfortunately, I have found out that the bamboo unit is it's own SKU, and verizon can't sell you a pin for it. I'm just going to get another color scheme.

Thanks for the idea, though.

SoCalPaul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelbeel View Post
Unfortunately, I have found out that the bamboo unit is it's own SKU, and verizon can't sell you a pin for it. I'm just going to get another color scheme.

Thanks for the idea, though.
I fought with this for over a month and finally figured out how to get the Bamboo Back (or any of the wood backs) with a corporate or business account. You go to your Verizon Store (may work with other carriers) and purchase a redemption code for the phone without the wood back. When you get the code don't follow the link that says "Design Yours" that comes in the email. You go directly to MotoMaker.com and build the phone you want and make sure to add a set of headphones or earbuds to the order (you will cancel them before purchasing but you must add them to the order or it won't work). When you get to the screen where it asks what carrier you are with (don't click a carrier) go to the bottom of page on right side and enter your redemption code. Enter your credit card info and at the last step it will review your order and at that screen you can cancel your headphones and you will just pay the $25.00 for the wood back + any taxes. It worked for me. I actually bought a phone almost a month ago and didn't like the color but I kept being told you couldn't buy the wood back phone with a redemption code so I finally decided to exchange the phone I got with a color I would rather have (I originally ordered Cherry Red and it looks like dark pink). During the return process they gave me a new redemption code and I kept playing with the system until I was able to figure out a way to get the Bamboo back phone. If you bought another color call Motorola and tell them you want to exchange it for another color and follow the directions above as it worked for me...