Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touchless Control Using Bluetooth Mic

Tip us?

DiscoLives4ever
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Touchless Control Using Bluetooth Mic

Alright,

I've spent the last couple hours looking for the answer to this problem and haven't had much luck.

I've tried a couple different bluetooth headsets with my Moto X (completely stock), and I can get the multipurpose button to launch Touchless Control without issue. Unfortunately it seems to keep wanting to use the X's microphone rather than the headsets. Voice Search will use the headset mic correctly, so it seems to be something with Touchless Control specifically.

Is this even possible? Am I missing an obvious setting?

someguyatx
Old
Thanks Meter 347
I think its intentional and I am glad it works this way. In my car I can grab the phone and use touchless control without interacting with a Bluetooth system that is designed to place calls.

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 171
I don't think a bluetooth mic can be used with touchless control as it would always have to be listening and connected via the bt radio to the Moto X. This would cause more battery drain to the headset and the Moto X as it would always be in the same mode as if you were in a phone call instead of in standby.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

DiscoLives4ever
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
I don't think a bluetooth mic can be used with touchless control as it would always have to be listening and connected via the bt radio to the Moto X. This would cause more battery drain to the headset and the Moto X as it would always be in the same mode as if you were in a phone call instead of in standby.
I'm not too concerned about the "Ok, Google Now" functionality. The multi-function button will launch Touchless Controls without a problem, it just doesn't use the headset mic at that point.

The always-listening functionality of the phone keeps working regardless of bluetooth, I'd just like to have the headset option as well since I often have the phone in my pocket.

conquesoextra
Old
(Last edited by conquesoextra; 17th March 2014 at 06:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 103
I have a Motorola bluethoot and definitely touch less control doesn't work trough him.

s

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

trrubicon06
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I use this app to activate google search from my bluetooth call button. I have tasker/autovoice setup as well to perform tasks or make calls.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uetooth_launch

BinaryW01f
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have no problem getting Touchless controls to use my bluetooth mic, I can have my phone charging in the bedroom and be outside and using the feature. Particularly fond of the new "What's Up" feature.

DiscoLives4ever
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryW01f View Post
I have no problem getting Touchless controls to use my bluetooth mic, I can have my phone charging in the bedroom and be outside and using the feature. Particularly fond of the new "What's Up" feature.
What headset are you using? I've tried with a couple pair without much success.

BinaryW01f
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoLives4ever View Post
What headset are you using? I've tried with a couple pair without much success.
Sony MW600,

sarshadd
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I have a UClear hbc200 that I use on my motorcycle, and I can get Touchless Control to launch with a button press. This wasn't always the case. Earlier versions of Touchless Control were definitely NOT listening to the BT mic, but the phone's mic instead.

The problem I'm currently having is when Assist reads texts messages or Google Now asks a follow up question, the mic doesn't turn back on. I'm essentially limited to commands that only take one step...