FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

MIUI for Moto X, when?

5th April 2014, 06:24 PM |#1  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,173
 
More
I would love to see MIUI on our device. It would be amazing! What do you guys think?
I don't know anything about ROM Developing though, so I'll have my hopes up for someone to make a port.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaKTaiL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
6th April 2014, 04:46 AM |#2  
3UR0TR45H's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bellingham
Thanks Meter: 95
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL

I would love to see MIUI on our device. It would be amazing! What do you guys think?
I don't know anything about ROM Developing though, so I'll have my hopes up for someone to make a port.

I doubt we'll ever see it considering the Nexus doesn't even have it. We are pretty locked down here so I'd expect we would get the mainstream roms first if anything.
6th April 2014, 05:22 AM |#3  
DaRkRhiNe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
If anyone has the time and patience to port it, here is a link for a guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2555094
6th April 2014, 05:25 AM |#4  
Gus194's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
I've tried porting it from the Nexus 4 and it just bootloops.

Sent from my XT1053
6th April 2014, 02:31 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178
 
More
I'd rather go buy an iPhone.
6th April 2014, 04:24 PM |#6  
dedei's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
omg yes! I loooved MIUI on my ancient Xperia S, I miss it so much :'(

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk
6th April 2014, 05:04 PM |#7  
MichaelMcEntire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
I would definitely give miui a go.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
6th April 2014, 06:08 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL

I would love to see MIUI on our device. It would be amazing! What do you guys think?
I don't know anything about ROM Developing though, so I'll have my hopes up for someone to make a port.

Wait for Miui based on Kitkat to be released...

EDIT:- Sorry... Miuiv6 is in its beta stages... Lets wait for it to be completely released! Hopefully someone will port it over CM or better over the stock ROM which might let us keep active display and touchless control!
Last edited by Gundabolu SC; 6th April 2014 at 07:12 PM.
7th April 2014, 06:07 AM |#9  
sorullo_xgrx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundabolu SC

Wait for Miui based on Kitkat to be released...

EDIT:- Sorry... Miuiv6 is in its beta stages... Lets wait for it to be completely released! Hopefully someone will port it over CM or better over the stock ROM which might let us keep active display and touchless control!

I can't get to grab the log cat while bootloading. I have ported miui long ago but a lot has change. I'm using the nexus 7 2013 build and cm to port. I'm not using patch ROM though I don't have Ubuntu

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
7th April 2014, 10:13 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorullo_xgrx

I can't get to grab the log cat while bootloading. I have ported miui long ago but a lot has change. I'm using the nexus 7 2013 build and cm to port. I'm not using patch ROM though I don't have Ubuntu

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I have no clue on as to how to use the patch ROM.... I have only tried porting like the old ways... ie smali editing.... I tried it when we were at JB with stock ROM but never had the patience to complete it.... And about the Log cat... Have you changed the bootclass path in the boot.img? What guide are you following?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1483332 found this guide about using patchROM, i have a net speed of 256Kbps... it will take me FOREVER to even attempt this...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes