Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Battery life question

OP r.storm85

11th May 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #1  
r.storm85's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Sup guys I have been having issues with awake time. While I'm still getting good batter life I'm thinking it could be better if I figure out what's keeping my phone awake. Well today I was in a not so great service area for most of the day and I see my awake time coincides with the bad service area. When it goes green the phone sleeps when its yellow it is awake. Is this a known thing for bad service to keep the phone awake? I know it searches for signal and burns more battery but I did not know if it should be awake. Thoughts?


Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
11th May 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #2  
Darth's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,872
 
13,383 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.storm85

Sup guys I have been having issues with awake time. While I'm still getting good batter life I'm thinking it could be better if I figure out what's keeping my phone awake. Well today I was in a not so great service area for most of the day and I see my awake time coincides with the bad service area. When it goes green the phone sleeps when its yellow it is awake. Is this a known thing for bad service to keep the phone awake? I know it searches for signal and burns more battery but I did not know if it should be awake. Thoughts?


Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Are you rooted? I doubt its just from radio. Something is constantly waking your phone. But you need gsam or wakelock detector to show you what is waking the phone. Without root, its not so easy to find out tho.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

And no, that is not good battery life. For the amount of screen time it seems you have there, the battery should still be at 50 or 60...or more, percent.
11th May 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
r.storm85's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Are you rooted? I doubt its just from radio. Something is constantly waking your phone. But you need gsam or wakelock detector to show you what is waking the phone. Without root, its not so easy to find out tho.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

And no, that is not good battery life. For the amount of screen time it seems you have there, the battery should still be at 50 or 60...or more, percent.

No I'm not rooted and would rather not. I just shut off Google now. Gonna see what that does. Never use it anyway

But do you see how the awake happens when I go into yellow or worse signal. Is that weird or what?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
Last edited by r.storm85; 11th May 2014 at 03:27 PM.
11th May 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #4  
Darth's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,872
 
13,383 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.storm85

No I'm not rooted and would rather not. I just shut off Google now. Gonna see what that does. Never use it anyway

But do you see how the awake happens when I go into yellow or worse signal. Is that weird or what?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

It actually seems pretty consistent to me, green or yellow.

Its probably an app or service. Without root, very hard to track down.

Try turning off gnow, location services completely off, in Google settings app...uncheck both options in android device manager.. And then turn off sync completely in your Google account settings....and see how it is then. If it still happens, its an app for sure. You'll have to track it down by process of elimination. If all that stops it, then turn things on one at a time....with a few hours in between...until you catch the culprit.

Good luck!!
Last edited by Darth; 11th May 2014 at 03:37 PM.
11th May 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
r.storm85's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Great I will do that. Thanks man

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes