Ask a question

No registration required

Battery life question

OP r.storm85

11th May 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

382 posts
Sup guys I have been having issues with awake time. While I'm still getting good batter life I'm thinking it could be better if I figure out what's keeping my phone awake. Well today I was in a not so great service area for most of the day and I see my awake time coincides with the bad service area. When it goes green the phone sleeps when its yellow it is awake. Is this a known thing for bad service to keep the phone awake? I know it searches for signal and burns more battery but I did not know if it should be awake. Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
11th May 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,872

13,383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.storm85

Sup guys I have been having issues with awake time. While I'm still getting good batter life I'm thinking it could be better if I figure out what's keeping my phone awake. Well today I was in a not so great service area for most of the day and I see my awake time coincides with the bad service area. When it goes green the phone sleeps when its yellow it is awake. Is this a known thing for bad service to keep the phone awake? I know it searches for signal and burns more battery but I did not know if it should be awake. Thoughts?

Are you rooted? I doubt its just from radio. Something is constantly waking your phone. But you need gsam or wakelock detector to show you what is waking the phone. Without root, its not so easy to find out tho.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

And no, that is not good battery life. For the amount of screen time it seems you have there, the battery should still be at 50 or 60...or more, percent.
11th May 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

382 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Are you rooted? I doubt its just from radio. Something is constantly waking your phone. But you need gsam or wakelock detector to show you what is waking the phone. Without root, its not so easy to find out tho.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

And no, that is not good battery life. For the amount of screen time it seems you have there, the battery should still be at 50 or 60...or more, percent.

No I'm not rooted and would rather not. I just shut off Google now. Gonna see what that does. Never use it anyway

But do you see how the awake happens when I go into yellow or worse signal. Is that weird or what?

Last edited by r.storm85; 11th May 2014 at 03:27 PM.
11th May 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,872

13,383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.storm85

No I'm not rooted and would rather not. I just shut off Google now. Gonna see what that does. Never use it anyway

But do you see how the awake happens when I go into yellow or worse signal. Is that weird or what?

It actually seems pretty consistent to me, green or yellow.

Its probably an app or service. Without root, very hard to track down.

Try turning off gnow, location services completely off, in Google settings app...uncheck both options in android device manager.. And then turn off sync completely in your Google account settings....and see how it is then. If it still happens, its an app for sure. You'll have to track it down by process of elimination. If all that stops it, then turn things on one at a time....with a few hours in between...until you catch the culprit.

Good luck!!
Last edited by Darth; 11th May 2014 at 03:37 PM.
11th May 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

382 posts
Great I will do that. Thanks man

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread