Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best way to root No carrier Moto X running 4.4.3?

Tip us?

BlueCore25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Best way to root No carrier Moto X running 4.4.3?

Hey just wondering what is the best way to root a No carrier Moto X running 4.4.3?

HeroOfTime
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I am assuming it's the XT1053, so: unlock the bootloader on Moto's site, flash TWRP, and reboot. That should prompt you to install SU and you will be rooted. You can check the stickies in the general thread for more detail.
--This message will self destruct if not properly stored.

Moto X - Navy Blue with Silver Accents, Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, Xposed (How do you like them apples, VZW?)

ssbnasa
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTime View Post
I am assuming it's the XT1053, so: unlock the bootloader on Moto's site, flash TWRP, and reboot. That should prompt you to install SU and you will be rooted. You can check the stickies in the general thread for more detail.
Quick doubt:

Unlock
Flash TWRP via app or ADB
Flash SuperSU via TWRP
Thats it?!

Are these the right steps?!
Device: Google Nexus 4
ROM: **C-RoM**
Kernel: Powered by Matr1x Kernel

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbnasa View Post
Quick doubt:

Unlock
Flash SuperSU via TWRP
Thats it?!

yes, except that.. using the bootloader unlock code and flashing TWRP or other recovery is done via Mfastboot, not ADB.

I've only used Rashr to flash recovery from the phone (no PC involved), but it needed me to be rooted first. So initial TWRP flash and root was done via mFastboot.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HeroOfTime
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbnasa View Post
Quick doubt:

Unlock
Flash SuperSU via TWRP
Thats it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
yes, except that.. using the bootloader unlock code and flashing TWRP or other recovery is done via Mfastboot, not ADB.

I've only used Rashr to flash recovery from the phone (no PC involved), but it needed me to be rooted first. So initial TWRP flash and root was done via mFastboot.
Exactly what KidJoe said. Check his guide linked in his signature, as it is extremely comprehensive. Read through it well. Specifically look at items #4 and #7 since they apply to what you are wanting to do.
--This message will self destruct if not properly stored.

Moto X - Navy Blue with Silver Accents, Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, Xposed (How do you like them apples, VZW?)
The Following User Says Thank You to HeroOfTime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]