5,603,981 Members 44,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best way to setup touchless control?

Tip us?

bluemoon1221
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Best way to setup touchless control?

I absolutely love the touchless control feature on the moto x and I use it every day. It's super useful. But there seems to be a accuracy problem? I have two methods of setting up the "ok Google now" command like

1) I just hold the phone in front of me about 1-2 feet and say the command three times. When I set it up this way, it usually takes me more than 2 times to activate it when my phone is far away from me, for example when it's on a table like 6-10 feet away.

2) I hold the phone once close(about one feet), medium length, and far away. Now my touchless control is being activated way too many times even when I don't say the command. I would take my phone out of my pocket and it would be really warm on the Google search page... This happens so many times while I'm in class during school. And also, I had my phone on a table while I was talking to someone and it randomly activated.. and I'm sure I didn't say the word "ok" or "now" or "google".

Anyone having similar issues? Or any good method to setup the voice activation? Thank you!

bsaman
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I had the issue with it randomly detecting the phrase until I reconfigured it with a slight pause:

OK google <pause> now

It's a bit less natural but works relatively well.

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

Solutions Etcetera
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Also, hold the phone at arms length when training.