XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] The Best Way to Wifi Tether with VZW Kitkat

Tip us?

dzlvs8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] The Best Way to Wifi Tether with VZW Kitkat

I have a motox that is bone stock and up to date with the current kitkat OTA's and a locked bootloader. Is there anything out there that will allow me to wifi tether. ...As in, will pwnmymoto or rockmymoto allow me to use a root wifi tether app? I am well aware of foxfi not working on kitkat. So I am exploring my options. I am looking for the best way to do it...if there is one. I remember with my first moto x pwnmymoto wouldn't allow a root wifi app....or at least I couldn't get it to get past the subscription error.

Any suggestions for a write protection / root access method that will allow me to wifi tether. Pdanet is kicking me off of Uplay when trying to download a game, although back before kitkat, foxfi did NOT kick me off when downloading from Uplay.

dustin4863
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yes if you use the Kitkat root message you can use the stock app if you follow the instructions in the apps section. I am using it right now

dzlvs8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin4863 View Post
Yes if you use the Kitkat root message you can use the stock app if you follow the instructions in the apps section. I am using it right now
Thanks but uuuhhh which method do people prefer for write access? rock or pwn or????

dustin4863
Old
Thanks Meter 8
If you're on Kitkat I'd use slapmymoto. If it hasn't changed since I used it you revert to 4.2 root then reflash 4.4 then rerun the xploit then root on 4.4 this is all in the original development section

GandalfTehGray
Old
Thanks Meter 12
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449534

Even easier