Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black border on boot animations?

Tip us?

gerodive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Black border on boot animations?

Hi all. My Moto X is unlocked and I've been trying to get a custom boot animation on it by switching out the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder (using ROM toolbox to facilitate this). Problem is every boot animation is too small and has a huge black border around it when I boot up. I gave up and downloaded the stock one and tried to go back to that and... STILL the black border. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

gerodive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Bump.

gerodive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Bada bing bada bump.

Dark9781
Old
Thanks Meter 217
It's because those boot animations are made for a different size screen. You have 3 options. You can either grab the boot animation, extract it, resize the images, then zip it back up, or you could find a boot animation for your X, or you can make one yourself.
Need Cloud storage? Try dropbox today. Just click on the link below to get started.
Dropbox
--------------------------------------------------------------
Can you see my memories?

gerodive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark9781 View Post
It's because those boot animations are made for a different size screen. You have 3 options. You can either grab the boot animation, extract it, resize the images, then zip it back up, or you could find a boot animation for your X, or you can make one yourself.
That's the weird thing. I grabbed the official Moto X boot animation, and the Moto X is only 720p anyway (pretty small by smartphone standards). What dimensions should I be changing it to?

Dark9781
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerodive View Post
That's the weird thing. I grabbed the official Moto X boot animation, and the Moto X is only 720p anyway (pretty small by smartphone standards). What dimensions should I be changing it to?
If it is the official Moto X boot animation then try placing it in system/media manually. You may want to back up the current boot animation first.

Sent from my Moto X.
Need Cloud storage? Try dropbox today. Just click on the link below to get started.
Dropbox
--------------------------------------------------------------
Can you see my memories?