Black border on boot animations?

OP gerodive

27th May 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

123 posts
Hi all. My Moto X is unlocked and I've been trying to get a custom boot animation on it by switching out the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder (using ROM toolbox to facilitate this). Problem is every boot animation is too small and has a huge black border around it when I boot up. I gave up and downloaded the stock one and tried to go back to that and... STILL the black border. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
28th May 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Bump.
29th May 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Bada bing bada bump.
29th May 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 218

689 posts
It's because those boot animations are made for a different size screen. You have 3 options. You can either grab the boot animation, extract it, resize the images, then zip it back up, or you could find a boot animation for your X, or you can make one yourself.
29th May 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark9781

It's because those boot animations are made for a different size screen. You have 3 options. You can either grab the boot animation, extract it, resize the images, then zip it back up, or you could find a boot animation for your X, or you can make one yourself.

That's the weird thing. I grabbed the official Moto X boot animation, and the Moto X is only 720p anyway (pretty small by smartphone standards). What dimensions should I be changing it to?
30th May 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 218

689 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerodive

That's the weird thing. I grabbed the official Moto X boot animation, and the Moto X is only 720p anyway (pretty small by smartphone standards). What dimensions should I be changing it to?

If it is the official Moto X boot animation then try placing it in system/media manually. You may want to back up the current boot animation first.

Sent from my Moto X.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread