FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Black border on boot animations?

27th May 2014, 06:25 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi all. My Moto X is unlocked and I've been trying to get a custom boot animation on it by switching out the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder (using ROM toolbox to facilitate this). Problem is every boot animation is too small and has a huge black border around it when I boot up. I gave up and downloaded the stock one and tried to go back to that and... STILL the black border. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

28th May 2014, 06:57 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Bump.
29th May 2014, 08:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Bada bing bada bump.
29th May 2014, 08:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
It's because those boot animations are made for a different size screen. You have 3 options. You can either grab the boot animation, extract it, resize the images, then zip it back up, or you could find a boot animation for your X, or you can make one yourself.
29th May 2014, 11:36 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark9781

It's because those boot animations are made for a different size screen. You have 3 options. You can either grab the boot animation, extract it, resize the images, then zip it back up, or you could find a boot animation for your X, or you can make one yourself.

That's the weird thing. I grabbed the official Moto X boot animation, and the Moto X is only 720p anyway (pretty small by smartphone standards). What dimensions should I be changing it to?
30th May 2014, 04:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerodive

That's the weird thing. I grabbed the official Moto X boot animation, and the Moto X is only 720p anyway (pretty small by smartphone standards). What dimensions should I be changing it to?

If it is the official Moto X boot animation then try placing it in system/media manually. You may want to back up the current boot animation first.

Sent from my Moto X.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread