Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 52,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can you keep bloatware on other ROMs?

Tip us?

TylerH94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can you keep bloatware on other ROMs?

Contrary to the name, Motorola's bloatware is actually useful. Can you keep moto skip, the camera app and others when you switch to a custom ROM? Like, can you back them up with TB and have a reasonable chance of the restored app working or can you just reinstall them from the play store?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerH94 View Post
Contrary to the name, Motorola's bloatware is actually useful. Can you keep moto skip, the camera app and others when you switch to a custom ROM? Like, can you back them up with TB and have a reasonable chance of the restored app working or can you just reinstall them from the play store?
Very doubtful, I haven't seen any reports of people doing this, but most of us are using the stock ROM because moto did such a great job of keeping it very close to AOSP.

You can certainly try. Let us know if you have any success.
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2731
The moto apps require the moto firmware.

Only stock based ROMs have moto features because of this. And no aosp ROMs have any moto features.

Sorry!
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips