Bluetooth fast forward bug after phone call ends
I noticed a very odd, and big, bug today on my Moto X. I had just got around to linking it to my cars bluetooth and noticed after I ended a call the music didn't resume. Upon opening Pandora I found the music was on fast forward and would not let me stop it. If I was to skip to another song the new song was also on fast forward. I have since tested it on another bluetooth device to rule out my cars bluetooth as the culprit, and it happened on the other device as well. I was also able to reproduce it using YouTube (so it's not a bug with Pandora). I have done a factory reset and the bug remains. I am wondering if anyone else has this or if this could possibly just be a problem with my phone?
Here is the workflow to reproduce the bug:
- Connect phone to bluetooth device that supports both phone and music profiles.
- Open up youtube and start watching a video (audio will play through bluetooth)
- After about 15 seconds click the home button
- Call someone (I called a 1-800 number)
- After about 15 seconds on the phone, hang up
- Now go back to youtube and press play
- The video will be playing in fast forward (no audio) and there isn't a way to stop this.
- Once you disconnect bluetooth you can then play the video fine
*You may have to make a phone call 2 or 3 times before this happens, but it will happen - at least on my phone.
Can others please test to see if you can reproduce it? My phone is stock and running kitkat with all apps up-to-date. I have also tested this using my Nexus 5 and it does not have this issue. I will try to record a video tomorrow to better show what is happening.