No registration required

Bluetooth voice commands?

OP reluttr

11th June 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

316 posts
More
I currently have a galaxy s3 running Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 and I have ran into a very annoying problem. I bought a bluetooth headset in the hopes that I could press the call button and use google now to send text messages, calls, etc. However it works nothing like this at all, sure it will let me do that if the phone is unlocked, but if the screen is off and it is in my pocket the best I get is "voice dialer".

What I am wondering is if the Moto X is able to touchless control, through a bluetooth headset, while the device is locked? If so then I am sold on the phone. lol... Or should I wait for the X+1?
11th June 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 95

393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reluttr

I currently have a galaxy s3 running Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 and I have ran into a very annoying problem. I bought a bluetooth headset in the hopes that I could press the call button and use google now to send text messages, calls, etc. However it works nothing like this at all, sure it will let me do that if the phone is unlocked, but if the screen is off and it is in my pocket the best I get is "voice dialer".

What I am wondering is if the Moto X is able to touchless control, through a bluetooth headset, while the device is locked? If so then I am sold on the phone. lol... Or should I wait for the X+1?

yes the moto x can . the x+1 will have better features. it's probably worth the wait .

Sent from my fingers to your face
11th June 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 100

558 posts
Agreed. I can touch my BT headset button with the phone locked and screen off and say 'call (wife's name)' and choose mobile, work, etc. No unlock necessary. BTW, I'm using a Moto H17 BT headset.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread