Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]moto x screen won't shutoff after notification

OP thelogman

11th June 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

91 posts
So I have active display on and no other options checked to keep my screen on for any reason yet whenever I receive a notification (only while on charge does this occur) my lock screen shows up instead of active display and it doesn't shut itself off. This doesn't seem like that big of an issue until I wake up and my phone is 125F. Any remedies for this?
11th June 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,793

2,030 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogman

So I have active display on and no other options checked to keep my screen on for any reason yet whenever I receive a notification (only while on charge does this occur) my lock screen shows up instead of active display and it doesn't shut itself off. This doesn't seem like that big of an issue until I wake up and my phone is 125F. Any remedies for this?

Sounds like maybe you should consider a factory reset, and if that doesn't fix the issue, a full SBF back to stock.

I cannot think of any setting that would cause this, unless you want to provide more details on what if any modifications you have made. Let us know what you do/decide...
11th June 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 42

115 posts
Is it possible you have "Stay awake while charging" enabled in Developer settings?
11th June 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

91 posts
I'm on 4.4.2 rooted with jcases pie exploit only thing I have done is gravity box. I double checked to make sure and I didn't have the screen always on activated.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread