Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Did we get a new boot animation?

OP syntrix

6th January 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

528 posts
More
Rebooted this morning and it's a warm spring boot animation, not the chilly winter one. Is this everyone or is it random?
7th January 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Silver Lake, WI.
Thanks Meter: 410

1,560 posts
More
Yes, changed back 01/06/2014. Although today's been the coldest yet by me lol.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
7th January 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,290

3,764 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Trip

Yes, changed back 01/06/2014. Although today's been the coldest yet by me lol.

Man they should have left the winter themed boot animation because its going to be a frosty, cold and a snow fest up here in the great white cold north,its so cold I can't keep my brew outside otherwise it freezes, found that out on new years

Sent on my Moto X
7th January 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Silver Lake, WI.
Thanks Meter: 410

1,560 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

Man they should have left the winter themed boot animation because its going to be a frosty, cold and a snow fest up here in the great white cold north,its so cold I can't keep my brew outside otherwise it freezes, found that out on new years

Sent on my Moto X

Hahaha that's what I'm saying. -15 -50 wind chill in Wisconsin. Sorry don't mean to trail off topic but agreed, with this weather they should have kept the winter one lol.

7th January 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #5  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,290

3,764 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Trip

Hahaha that's what I'm saying. -15 -50 wind chill in Wisconsin. Sorry don't mean to trail off topic but agreed, with this weather they should have kept the winter one lol.

I bet you wished the football game was today, its not quite that cold here but still frigging cold

Sent on my Moto X
7th January 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 324

852 posts
Donate to Me
More
That boot animation push left me with nasty wakelocks. It's not cleared up fully.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
7th January 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 58

418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWKSLVR

That boot animation push left me with nasty wakelocks. It's not cleared up fully.

I don't think they push anything to our phones to change the boot animation. I believe they all come preinstalled and change out automatically according to preset calendar dates.

Sent from my Moto X
7th January 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #8  
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 324

852 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMunky

I don't think they push anything to our phones to change the boot animation. I believe they all come preinstalled and change out automatically according to preset calendar dates.

Sent from my Moto X

Obviously I could be wrong, but I thought the winter themed boot animation was packaged in with the touchless control update?

All I know is that Motorola SLPC Service was going nuts all yesterday evening and all last night. My MX struggled to sleep (and it's a great sleeper) even with reboots. Very strange.

7th January 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWKSLVR

Obviously I could be wrong, but I thought the winter themed boot animation was packaged in with the touchless control update?

All I know is that Motorola SLPC Service was going nuts all yesterday evening and all last night. My MX struggled to sleep (and it's a great sleeper) even with reboots. Very strange.

Moodles.apk (com.motorola.moodles) is what holds the images and animations I believe. Not sure how/when this runs or updates. But, you could disable in settings.

I also found that the Moto G has this as an app in Google Play (Motorola Boot Services). Not sure why the X doesn't.
7th January 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #10  
Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 183

615 posts
I thought the winter themed boot animation was included with the 4.4 release for the Moto X. Those with 4.2.2 did not get the updated animation.

For the Moto G though they did include it in a play store update.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread