5,603,646 Members 36,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Did we get a new boot animation?

Tip us?

syntrix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Did we get a new boot animation?

Rebooted this morning and it's a warm spring boot animation, not the chilly winter one. Is this everyone or is it random?

A2Trip
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Yes, changed back 01/06/2014. Although today's been the coldest yet by me lol.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Trip View Post
Yes, changed back 01/06/2014. Although today's been the coldest yet by me lol.

Man they should have left the winter themed boot animation because its going to be a frosty, cold and a snow fest up here in the great white cold north,its so cold I can't keep my brew outside otherwise it freezes, found that out on new years

Sent on my Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes

A2Trip
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Man they should have left the winter themed boot animation because its going to be a frosty, cold and a snow fest up here in the great white cold north,its so cold I can't keep my brew outside otherwise it freezes, found that out on new years

Sent on my Moto X
Hahaha that's what I'm saying. -15 -50 wind chill in Wisconsin. Sorry don't mean to trail off topic but agreed, with this weather they should have kept the winter one lol.

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Trip View Post
Hahaha that's what I'm saying. -15 -50 wind chill in Wisconsin. Sorry don't mean to trail off topic but agreed, with this weather they should have kept the winter one lol.

I bet you wished the football game was today, its not quite that cold here but still frigging cold

Sent on my Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes

KWKSLVR
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
That boot animation push left me with nasty wakelocks. It's not cleared up fully.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Verizon Moto X: Stock and Perfect
Verizon Galaxy Nexus: CM10
Samsung Vibrant rocking Team Whiskey's Bionix 1.3.1 w/ TouchWiz

If the Hardware GPS Fix worked for you and you want to donate, every penny will go back into continuing to try and improve our GPS (external antenna's, etc). I will also donate to anyone that can improve the firmware side of things.

GreenMunky
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
That boot animation push left me with nasty wakelocks. It's not cleared up fully.

I don't think they push anything to our phones to change the boot animation. I believe they all come preinstalled and change out automatically according to preset calendar dates.

Sent from my Moto X

KWKSLVR
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMunky View Post
I don't think they push anything to our phones to change the boot animation. I believe they all come preinstalled and change out automatically according to preset calendar dates.

Sent from my Moto X
Obviously I could be wrong, but I thought the winter themed boot animation was packaged in with the touchless control update?

All I know is that Motorola SLPC Service was going nuts all yesterday evening and all last night. My MX struggled to sleep (and it's a great sleeper) even with reboots. Very strange.

Verizon Moto X: Stock and Perfect
Verizon Galaxy Nexus: CM10
Samsung Vibrant rocking Team Whiskey's Bionix 1.3.1 w/ TouchWiz

If the Hardware GPS Fix worked for you and you want to donate, every penny will go back into continuing to try and improve our GPS (external antenna's, etc). I will also donate to anyone that can improve the firmware side of things.

skirk08
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
Obviously I could be wrong, but I thought the winter themed boot animation was packaged in with the touchless control update?

All I know is that Motorola SLPC Service was going nuts all yesterday evening and all last night. My MX struggled to sleep (and it's a great sleeper) even with reboots. Very strange.

Moodles.apk (com.motorola.moodles) is what holds the images and animations I believe. Not sure how/when this runs or updates. But, you could disable in settings.

I also found that the Moto G has this as an app in Google Play (Motorola Boot Services). Not sure why the X doesn't.

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 164
I thought the winter themed boot animation was included with the 4.4 release for the Moto X. Those with 4.2.2 did not get the updated animation.

For the Moto G though they did include it in a play store update.