Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Mark thanks, this is proving to be a little more difficult than the last phone my razr M that I rooted.. I simply hooked up the USB cable to the PC and phone enabled debugging on the phone and ran a few commands from Windows command prompt and that was it I didn't have ADB or the SDK kit installed on the PC at all just a Motorola drivers. so now I'm off to try to download the SDK and see if I can figure out how to do this I have 2 brand new Moto X with 4.4 not 4.4.2. the make your own moto X maker on Motorola's website is still shipping the new phones with 4.4
The newer phones are getting harder and harder to root.

For the X with 4.4, use the SlapMyMoto thread, which also has a link to the MotoWpNoMo thread which you must use too (if you have a locked bootloader). Its not a simple process, BUT if you read (not skim), and completely follow the directions, you'll be able to do it.. then do NOT take the 4.4.2 OTA!!!!! if you want to stay rooted with write protection disabled.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-