Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't boot into system, is it bricked?

OP rommanager

10th August 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag HongKong
Thanks Meter: 51

135 posts
More
My moto x is XT1052 retail version, and I was regret to update to 4.4.4, so I flashed 4.4.2 version, but I stucked at partition so I stopped and find ways to back to 4.4.4, but I can't find a 4.4.4 asia retail version image for me to restore my phone via fastboot command, do anyone have the EU or Asia retail image of 4.4.4 of XT1052? I really need help!! Thank you soooo much!!!
10th August 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 96

581 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommanager

My moto x is XT1052 retail version, and I was regret to update to 4.4.4, so I flashed 4.4.2 version, but I stucked at partition so I stopped and find ways to back to 4.4.4, but I can't find a 4.4.4 asia retail version image for me to restore my phone via fastboot command, do anyone have the EU or Asia retail image of 4.4.4 of XT1052? I really need help!! Thank you soooo much!!!

what do u mean Asia??
where u get the phone??
if is its retail XT1052 is the european one.
flash recovery img from 4.4.2 EU then reboot the bootloader and flash again ALL the firmware.
10th August 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,790

2,029 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger2u

what do u mean Asia??
where u get the phone??
if is its retail XT1052 is the european one.
flash recovery img from 4.4.2 EU then reboot the bootloader and flash again ALL the firmware.

Actually, there IS an "AsiaRetail" variant of the XT1052 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommanager

You should have never attempted to downgrade. It is posted literally all over these forums to not attempt this. There is no 4.4.4 FXZ for any of the XT1052 variants yet. You can try some methods, but they all have risk. The only safe way to recover is to wait for the 4.4.4 FXZ to be released, but there's no telling when that will happen.

Some have had success by skipping the "flash partition gpt.bin" command, but if you do this you are at risk of bricking when you take the update back to 4.4.4. Again, some have been successful, but anyone that tells you it is completely safe is mistaken.

Good Luck
11th August 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag HongKong
Thanks Meter: 51

135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

You should have never attempted to downgrade. It is posted literally all over these forums to not attempt this. There is no 4.4.4 FXZ for any of the XT1052 variants yet. You can try some methods, but they all have risk. The only safe way to recover is to wait for the 4.4.4 FXZ to be released, but there's no telling when that will happen.

Some have had success by skipping the "flash partition gpt.bin" command, but if you do this you are at risk of bricking when you take the update back to 4.4.4. Again, some have been successful, but anyone that tells you it is completely safe is mistaken.

Good Luck

Thank You for the answer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, rom request, xt1052
Previous Thread Next Thread