Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 44,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't boot into system, is it bricked?

Tip us?

rommanager
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default [Q] Can't boot into system, is it bricked?

My moto x is XT1052 retail version, and I was regret to update to 4.4.4, so I flashed 4.4.2 version, but I stucked at partition so I stopped and find ways to back to 4.4.4, but I can't find a 4.4.4 asia retail version image for me to restore my phone via fastboot command, do anyone have the EU or Asia retail image of 4.4.4 of XT1052? I really need help!! Thank you soooo much!!!

danger2u
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommanager View Post
My moto x is XT1052 retail version, and I was regret to update to 4.4.4, so I flashed 4.4.2 version, but I stucked at partition so I stopped and find ways to back to 4.4.4, but I can't find a 4.4.4 asia retail version image for me to restore my phone via fastboot command, do anyone have the EU or Asia retail image of 4.4.4 of XT1052? I really need help!! Thank you soooo much!!!

what do u mean Asia??
where u get the phone??
if is its retail XT1052 is the european one.
flash recovery img from 4.4.2 EU then reboot the bootloader and flash again ALL the firmware.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger2u View Post
what do u mean Asia??
where u get the phone??
if is its retail XT1052 is the european one.
flash recovery img from 4.4.2 EU then reboot the bootloader and flash again ALL the firmware.
Actually, there IS an "AsiaRetail" variant of the XT1052 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommanager View Post
You should have never attempted to downgrade. It is posted literally all over these forums to not attempt this. There is no 4.4.4 FXZ for any of the XT1052 variants yet. You can try some methods, but they all have risk. The only safe way to recover is to wait for the 4.4.4 FXZ to be released, but there's no telling when that will happen.

Some have had success by skipping the "flash partition gpt.bin" command, but if you do this you are at risk of bricking when you take the update back to 4.4.4. Again, some have been successful, but anyone that tells you it is completely safe is mistaken.

Good Luck
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

rommanager
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
You should have never attempted to downgrade. It is posted literally all over these forums to not attempt this. There is no 4.4.4 FXZ for any of the XT1052 variants yet. You can try some methods, but they all have risk. The only safe way to recover is to wait for the 4.4.4 FXZ to be released, but there's no telling when that will happen.

Some have had success by skipping the "flash partition gpt.bin" command, but if you do this you are at risk of bricking when you take the update back to 4.4.4. Again, some have been successful, but anyone that tells you it is completely safe is mistaken.

Good Luck
Thank You for the answer

My Devices

HTC Desire
HTC HD2
Sony Xperia X10
Moto X
Tags
brick, rom request, xt1052