Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No bootloader unlock yet?

Tip us?

Vintage144
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Default No bootloader unlock yet?

besides the chinese connection which may or may not be working , I dont need the spam nor do I need links having access to PP accounts . I guess my Moto X will continue to be a paperweight , My Note OG will continue to be my DD , since it has never failed me . Too bad Android is going the way of the proprietory scams (apple,windows ) and I dont blame the Devs like some people in here , , ya gotta figure if Microsoft, Google, Apple or HP ,Oracle see's what these guys are doing and says "I want that kid " , "yore hred kid , but you cant release anymore code to the public, trust me you'll be compensated well" , why wouldnt they take that offer ?

Just wish there was something else we could do ?
~Motorola Moto X XT 1058~ Current (stock until BL unlock?)
~Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 - 16GB ~ retired
~Samsung Galaxy Note LTE SGH-I717 - 16GB~ retired
~Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747 - 16GB~ retired
~Acer Iconia A500~ retired
~Kindle Fire 1st Gen~ retired
~LG Optimus Pro G2~ Current

No stock here , nothing but custom! except my moto x

DonKilluminati23
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Get the Dev Edition

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DonKilluminati23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wmdunn
Old
Thanks Meter 173
It's AT&T that refuses to allow Motorola to unlock their model ...
"Wise men still seek him ... "

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2751
I've seen nothing but happy customers from the Chinese code seller...the phones he could unlock anyway.

So a bit of spam, or an unlocked bootloader..... Seems most go for the unlock.

As said, dev edition is your only other choice. Sell the one you have and you'll be most of the way to the DE cost.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HeroOfTime
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I don't know of anyone on here who has gotten any spam using the PayPal method with the Chinese guy. If you don't have an unlockable version or a dev version, it will likely be the only possibility ever. Motorola have locked these things down tight.
--This message will self destruct if not properly stored.

Moto X - Navy Blue with Silver Accents, Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, Xposed (How do you like them apples, VZW?)

binary visions
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage144 View Post
I guess my Moto X will continue to be a paperweight
<snip>
Just wish there was something else we could do ?
Well, you could start by buying phones that actually suit your needs. Some versions of the X were bootloader-locked. This was known from the outset. So whose fault is it that you own a "paperweight"? It's not the developers, or Google, or Microsoft, or anyone else.

You could have bought a dev edition. You could have bought from a carrier who allowed unlocking. You could have skipped the X altogether... so, why?

I'd like it if Big Red offered more unlockable phones, but I go into any phone purchase with eyes wide open. I decided the Moto X suited my needs even bootloader-locked. So you won't hear any complaints from me: it's my own fault if I don't like it. I don't hear a lot of Ford F350 owners complaining about their gas mileage, and there aren't a lot of Prius drivers that think their car is a paperweight because it can't haul a boat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binary visions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage144 View Post
I dont need the spam nor do I need links having access to PP accounts
I used the Chinese PayPal method and haven't received any spam what so ever, only a single email with my code. Would highly recommend that option to anyone.

Vintage144
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
wasnt referring to spam from the chinese guy and that would be the option Id take , as for the paperweight , should have stayed with stuff I know like Samsung and HTC anyway , theyve never let me down , there isnt some are some arent!
~Motorola Moto X XT 1058~ Current (stock until BL unlock?)
~Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 - 16GB ~ retired
~Samsung Galaxy Note LTE SGH-I717 - 16GB~ retired
~Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747 - 16GB~ retired
~Acer Iconia A500~ retired
~Kindle Fire 1st Gen~ retired
~LG Optimus Pro G2~ Current

No stock here , nothing but custom! except my moto x

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2751
No disrespect intended.....but you didn't like the X three months ago even, why haven't you just sold it????

Just curious.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

jamesino
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I used the chinese MM method. Sent the payment via paypal as instructed and received the code less than 24 hrs later.

Unlocked BL, rooted phone, and installed GravityBox today. Noticed literally no extra lag so far and the increase in functionality, customization, and my satisfaction of the phone has increased exponentially.

If you're worried about spam, can't you just make a temporary email account?

The Following User Says Thank You to jamesino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]