FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

No bootloader unlock yet?

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 109
 
By Vintage144, Senior Member on 25th May 2014, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th May 2014, 06:45 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino

I used the chinese MM method. Sent the payment via paypal as instructed and received the code less than 24 hrs later.

Unlocked BL, rooted phone, and installed GravityBox today. Noticed literally no extra lag so far and the increase in functionality, customization, and my satisfaction of the phone has increased exponentially.

If you're worried about spam, can't you just make a temporary email account?


Where can I find that Chinese mm method?
 
 
30th May 2014, 07:14 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiddoglover6969

Where can I find that Chinese mm method?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177

Only generally works with phone made in 2014 though. Check the lower right corner of the sticker on your box for the manufacture date.
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesino For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 01:48 PM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177

Only generally works with phone made in 2014 though. Check the lower right corner of the sticker on your box for the manufacture date.


Semi off topic:

If I rooted my phone to 4.4.2. and I have a bootloader locked, doing a factory reset will entitle me to keep my root? Or will I lose it?

And what if I do a factory reset on my rooted moto x on 4.4.2 when my bootloader is unlocked. Will I be able to keep my root when doing factory reset? I am trying to get rid of this "com.motorola.process.system" because I've tried wiping cache and dalvik and safemode and date and time method doesn't work.
Last edited by androiddoglover6969; 30th May 2014 at 01:52 PM.
30th May 2014, 03:27 PM |#14  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,833
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiddoglover6969

Semi off topic:

If I rooted my phone to 4.4.2. and I have a bootloader locked, doing a factory reset will entitle me to keep my root? Or will I lose it?

And what if I do a factory reset on my rooted moto x on 4.4.2 when my bootloader is unlocked. Will I be able to keep my root when doing factory reset? I am trying to get rid of this "com.motorola.process.system" because I've tried wiping cache and dalvik and safemode and date and time method doesn't work.

See my reply to this same question you asked in another thread. You're out-of-luck.

Please follow my instructions in the other thread. You'll have to re-flash the stock 4.4.2 rom, and you will NOT be getting root back without BL unlock.

Sorry...its posted all over this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA - it patches the BL exploits we used.
30th May 2014, 04:45 PM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

See my reply to this same question you asked in another thread. You're out-of-luck.

Please follow my instructions in the other thread. You'll have to re-flash the stock 4.4.2 rom, and you will NOT be getting root back without BL unlock.

Sorry...its posted all over this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA - it patches the BL exploits we used.

I didn't take the 4.4.2 OTA...

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

See my reply to this same question you asked in another thread. You're out-of-luck.

Please follow my instructions in the other thread. You'll have to re-flash the stock 4.4.2 rom, and you will NOT be getting root back without BL unlock.

Sorry...its posted all over this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA - it patches the BL exploits we used.

Alright. Just bought the unlock bootloader service.
30th May 2014, 09:28 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
If you want a bootloader unlock for AT&T Moto X, you could just get the Rogers Moto X.
They are both XT1058 and the Rogers one is bootloader unlockable on the Motorola website. I unlocked 3 there myself.
30th May 2014, 09:53 PM |#17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion667

If you want a bootloader unlock for AT&T Moto X, you could just get the Rogers Moto X.
They are both XT1058 and the Rogers one is bootloader unlockable on the Motorola website. I unlocked 3 there myself.

Good call, but hopefully that'll be useful for those with that 1058 model. I am on XT1049.
30th May 2014, 10:27 PM |#18  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic
Thanks Meter: 7,656
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion667

If you want a bootloader unlock for AT&T Moto X, you could just get the Rogers Moto X.
They are both XT1058 and the Rogers one is bootloader unlockable on the Motorola website. I unlocked 3 there myself.

That's what I have. Unlocked on moto site.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes