Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No bootloader unlock yet?

Tip us?

androiddoglover6969
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino View Post
I used the chinese MM method. Sent the payment via paypal as instructed and received the code less than 24 hrs later.

Unlocked BL, rooted phone, and installed GravityBox today. Noticed literally no extra lag so far and the increase in functionality, customization, and my satisfaction of the phone has increased exponentially.

If you're worried about spam, can't you just make a temporary email account?

Where can I find that Chinese mm method?

jamesino
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiddoglover6969 View Post
Where can I find that Chinese mm method?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177

Only generally works with phone made in 2014 though. Check the lower right corner of the sticker on your box for the manufacture date.
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androiddoglover6969
Old
(Last edited by androiddoglover6969; 30th May 2014 at 01:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177

Only generally works with phone made in 2014 though. Check the lower right corner of the sticker on your box for the manufacture date.

Semi off topic:

If I rooted my phone to 4.4.2. and I have a bootloader locked, doing a factory reset will entitle me to keep my root? Or will I lose it?

And what if I do a factory reset on my rooted moto x on 4.4.2 when my bootloader is unlocked. Will I be able to keep my root when doing factory reset? I am trying to get rid of this "com.motorola.process.system" because I've tried wiping cache and dalvik and safemode and date and time method doesn't work.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiddoglover6969 View Post
Semi off topic:

If I rooted my phone to 4.4.2. and I have a bootloader locked, doing a factory reset will entitle me to keep my root? Or will I lose it?

And what if I do a factory reset on my rooted moto x on 4.4.2 when my bootloader is unlocked. Will I be able to keep my root when doing factory reset? I am trying to get rid of this "com.motorola.process.system" because I've tried wiping cache and dalvik and safemode and date and time method doesn't work.
See my reply to this same question you asked in another thread. You're out-of-luck.

Please follow my instructions in the other thread. You'll have to re-flash the stock 4.4.2 rom, and you will NOT be getting root back without BL unlock.

Sorry...its posted all over this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA - it patches the BL exploits we used.

androiddoglover6969
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
See my reply to this same question you asked in another thread. You're out-of-luck.

Please follow my instructions in the other thread. You'll have to re-flash the stock 4.4.2 rom, and you will NOT be getting root back without BL unlock.

Sorry...its posted all over this forum that you cannot take the 4.4.2 OTA - it patches the BL exploits we used.
I didn't take the 4.4.2 OTA...

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post

Alright. Just bought the unlock bootloader service.

scorpion667
Old
Thanks Meter 132
If you want a bootloader unlock for AT&T Moto X, you could just get the Rogers Moto X.
They are both XT1058 and the Rogers one is bootloader unlockable on the Motorola website. I unlocked 3 there myself.
Moto X [Rogers XT1058]
Stock 4.4.2, Rooted and heavily debloated
Moto X Debloat guide

Retired:
2x S2 i9100, iphone 4s, S3 I747, iphone 5, Nexus 4, HTC One

androiddoglover6969
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion667 View Post
If you want a bootloader unlock for AT&T Moto X, you could just get the Rogers Moto X.
They are both XT1058 and the Rogers one is bootloader unlockable on the Motorola website. I unlocked 3 there myself.
Good call, but hopefully that'll be useful for those with that 1058 model. I am on XT1049.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion667 View Post
That's what I have. Unlocked on moto site.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips