XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kind of a bootloop

Tip us?

Savassi12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Kind of a bootloop

Hey, i have my moto x about 2 months and i never experiencied problems with it, it is rooted and has xposed framework installed.Yesterday when i received the notification of the avaible ota update i clicked to download and then when it was over i clicked to install, after that the cellphone restarted all fine but then it was only a mather of seconds untill it power down and then power on . Can someone help me?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,628
And you have a custom recovery?

Anyway...if you altered any system stuff with xposed, then right off the bat you can't do the ota.

You'll probably need to use fastboot or rsdlite to return to stock 4.2.2 with camera update. (The newer 4.2.2)....then do the ota. And yes....you're phone will be wiped...depending what you end up doing.

But...big but....read up carefully first ....you could brick your phone if anything you've done updated your boot loader....and then you take an OTA.

There's tonnes of update threads....best to read them all very carefully. And understand what you're doing before you do it. Several people have bricked their phones on here from not updating properly.

Good luck!

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savassi12 View Post
Hey, i have my moto x about 2 months and i never experiencied problems with it, it is rooted and has xposed framework installed.Yesterday when i received the notification of the avaible ota update i clicked to download and then when it was over i clicked to install, after that the cellphone restarted all fine but then it was only a mather of seconds untill it power down and then power on . Can someone help me?
ok you have 2 options

Custom Recovery
boot into what ever recovery you have and wipe the cache only and reboot your phone will be good as new.

Stock recovery.
boot into bootloader open adb and type command below

Code:
fastboot erase cache
reboot phone should be as good as new

Now to install the OTA you have to be stock with no root

so if you are on 4.2.2 Camera Update then flash that firmware via RSD LITE or fastboot method.
if you are on 4.4 and getting the 4.4.2 update then flash 4.4 firmware via the same as above then then take the update.

if you are just now updating to 4.4 and you want root then we need to complete some steps first so please let me know what firmware you are on so we can get you root also. also is your bootloader unlocked
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |
The Following User Says Thank You to dray_jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Savassi12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
man if i was a woman i would suck your nipples thank you very much i solved my probled woohoo

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savassi12 View Post
man if i was a woman i would suck your nipples thank you very much i solved my probled woohoo
lol glad it all worked out enjoy your nipples
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |