Bricked Sprint Moto x?

OP Jon.StatiK

12th April 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kingsport
Thanks Meter: 29

286 posts
More
My MotoX is unlocked and ready to rock and roll. I've had it rooted ever since I got it from the friend but never knew what firmware was on it at the time so this is where I have possibly made the dumbest mistake so far. I wanted to get back to stock so I downloaded the stock 4.4.2 update and tried flashing it after I made a backup. Well, now the only thing I can get the phone to do is boot into the bootloader. Everything else causes it to sit at the unlocked bootloader screen. Even tried flashing TWRP2.7 to it because I figured that maybe the recovery img was screwed up but even that didnt work.

Traditionally, If we can get the phone to do anything at all then it's fixable but at this stage I need help. I've never owned such a touchy phone and I'm paying dearly for it.
Last edited by Jon.StatiK; 12th April 2014 at 04:54 AM.
12th April 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 837

2,061 posts
More
I'm going to guess that you had 4.4.2 on your phone before you tried loading 4.2.2?

If so, download the 4.4.2 SBF for your phone, and flash it using RSDlite, or flash all the pieces manually using mFastboot.
12th April 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kingsport
Thanks Meter: 29

286 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

I'm going to guess that you had 4.4.2 on your phone before you tried loading 4.2.2?

If so, download the 4.4.2 SBF for your phone, and flash it using RSDlite, or flash all the pieces manually using mFastboot.

Ah ****....just noticed I said 4.2.2 but i meant 4.4.2. Should this matter?
12th April 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 95

532 posts
Nope. Boot into the bootloader and flash everything manually using fastboot/mfastboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread