Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I think I bricked an X...

OP triton302

20th February 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NoVA
Thanks Meter: 52

577 posts
More
My fiance has a VZW Moto X, 16GB. Since mine was a DE, it was simple to get it rooted and whatnot.

So, I tried the guide that was posted to downgrade to the 4.2.2 camera update, got all of the fastboot stuff done successfully and went to reboot it.

NOW... the damn thing won't even turn on. Not even when I plug it into the charger. F*ck.

So... what do I need to do to get this think back up and running? I really don't want to owe her $300 for whatever happened.
Last edited by triton302; 20th February 2014 at 05:56 AM.
20th February 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 147

558 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton302

My fiance just got her VZW Moto X, 16GB. Since mine was a DE, it was simple to get it rooted and whatnot.

So, I tried the guide that was posted to downgrade to the 4.2.2 camera update, got all of the fastboot stuff done successfully and went to reboot it.

NOW... the damn thing won't even turn on. Not even when I plug it into the charger. F*ck.

So... what do I need to do to get this think back up and running? I really don't want to owe her $300 for whatever happened.

have you tried holding vol/power down for 10+ seconds or more?
Last edited by BladeRunner; 20th February 2014 at 03:12 AM. Reason: poor spelling
20th February 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 89

423 posts
More
Quote:

My fiance just got her VZW Moto X, 16GB. Since mine was a DE, it was simple to get it rooted and whatnot.

If you are within the 14 day return period, return it.

Otherwise post on the Slap My Moto thread and ask for help.
20th February 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,294

3,779 posts
More
Quote:

Can you access the fastboot screen?

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
20th February 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag NoVA

577 posts
More
I got it. The whole "QHSUSB_DLOAD" thing was the issue. Somehow I bricked it while flashing and rebooting.

Went through the steps, now it's alive. However, it won't boot. It'll go into fastboot, but not the OS. So now I have to figure out how to flash the correct stuff.
20th February 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag NoVA

577 posts
More
Alright so I f*cked up BIG TIME.

Now I'm getting the CID error, it won't let me flash anything now.

Any help would be awesome... now I'm probably going to owe her $300.
20th February 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 56

280 posts
More
I thought it wasn't possible to downgrade if you had a locked bootloader...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag NoVA

577 posts
More
I'm simply following the steps listed in the various tutorials for rooting 4.4...

All I care about now is getting 4.4 back up and running, but I'm not sure if that's possible anymore.
20th February 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 18

148 posts
More
You might want to check this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2629057
20th February 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag NoVA

577 posts
More
Already did, that gets me back into fastboot, but the phone is no longer able to flash the OS from there. So basically, I'm stuck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread