Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 44,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A few questions about the Moto X

Tip us?

DonB.
Old
(Last edited by DonB.; 25th March 2014 at 12:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
Question [Q] A few questions about the Moto X

Just curious if anyone here on AIO Wirelss have conditional call forwarding setup on their AIOP Wireless device. I am switching from Sprint, to come to AIO, and do not want to use the AIO voicemail app

Can someone post their settings if they do know how to set it up, I have been a GVoicemail user for years and don't want to give that up

Also can the AIO wireless VM app be disabled or removed, if I have a none branded Moto X device, I'm not going to root this device, please advise thanks.

IT ONLY TAKES ONE SEC TO GIVE A THANKS

DonB.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
Damn, I can't believe not one person with a Moto X is using Google Voicemail ??

spencer88
Old
Thanks Meter 220
You just set voicemail up in the settings of the phone app ad well as in the Google voice app and online in Google voice.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
If you sign up for Copy, we both get more space! Sign up here https://copy.com?r=iffgs6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMFGO45 View Post
Wow. I would ask if you have ever heard of the internet, but clearly you are using it.

DonB.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer88 View Post
You just set voicemail up in the settings of the phone app ad well as in the Google voice app and online in Google voice.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Just to be sure, go to Settings/Calls/Call Forward, and over write the AIO number VM, to my GV number ?? That will only forward calls to GV voicemail, and not all calls to go through GV ??

DonB.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
I finally got the phone, and just noticed it does not have an LED light when charging, looks like that option can only be attained if rooted ??

DonB.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
I assume there is no way to adjust the resolution of a picture taken, you figure that would be something basic with a camera, what was Google thinking ?? who wants to always take a 10 MP picture, to big to email when need to email a bunch of pictures.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB. View Post
I finally got the phone, and just noticed it does not have an LED light when charging, looks like that option can only be attained if rooted ??
Theres an app kicking around to give you the charging light, but yeah....needs root.

Quote:
I assume there is no way to adjust the resolution of a picture taken, you figure that would be something basic with a camera, what was Google thinking ?? who wants to always take a 10 MP picture, to big to email when need to email a bunch of pictures.
Lots of great camera apps on the playstore. I use "a better camera". And I've used camera fv-5 and pro camera. All good apps.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DonB.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
OK, another quick question, just received the notification for the 4.4.2 update, should I take it, or should I wait. Are there any issues, if I take this update will I be able to root if I decide to do so down the rood ?? Any feedback, I did some reading and seem to be getting mixed reviews. I will be on AIO wireless at the end of the month and from what I read I will need this update for proper MMS receiving.

GandalfTehGray
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
OK, another quick question, just received the notification for the 4.4.2 update, should I take it, or should I wait. Are there any issues, if I take this update will I be able to root if I decide to do so down the rood ?? Any feedback, I did some reading and seem to be getting mixed reviews. I will be on AIO wireless at the end of the month and from what I read I will need this update for proper MMS receiving.
If you purchased it through Sprint I believe you can get your bootloader unlock code for free anytime from the Moto website. It will void the warranty though. So root is available anytime.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...asker-t2602689 <- That is the link for getting the Led to function.
The Following User Says Thank You to GandalfTehGray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DonB.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTehGray View Post
If you purchased it through Sprint I believe you can get your bootloader unlock code for free anytime from the Moto website. It will void the warranty though. So root is available anytime.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...asker-t2602689 <- That is the link for getting the Led to function.
No, it is not a Sprint device, I am on Sprint right now with my current Note II, I purchased the Moto X New AT&T branded and unlocked, so just want to make sure before I update it, I have not activated the device, will do so at end of month with AIO.