5,605,073 Members 36,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Built-in equalizer not working for speakers?

Tip us?

mikeuresti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Built-in equalizer not working for speakers?

So the built in EQ seems to work lovely when I plug in my headphones on anything like Pandora, YouTube and even notification noises on my phone. However, if I just use the phone speaker the equalizer has no effect at all. Not a single change in sound from Extreme Bass to Vocalizer setting when watching YouTube and Pandora. Does anyone know why it only works via headphones and not over the phone speaker?

CMNDR
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Seems to work just fine for me. Having owned an HTC One before this, the external speaker quality is a definite step back. That said, I can notice a difference when I change the equalizer settings, albeit the fact that the audio pauses between settings (when playing on YouTube) makes it harder to tell.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

mikeuresti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default weird

Can you test it on Pandora too? I really can't tell a difference only when headphones are plugged in

CMNDR
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I think I can, however like YouTube it is a very subtle difference between even what should be opposite ends of eq. (Extreme bass brilliant treble)

Edit: I noticed the largest difference when using Play Music.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

mikeuresti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I think Pandora is the only thing that doesn't let the equalizer affect for some reason. It's just weird on headphones it works amazing