[Q] Three Button Headset

Search This thread

ottothecow

Aug 26, 2013
How do I make a three button headset work with my Moto X?

Yesterday I got a set of free headphones from a Samsung Galaxy Mega promo booth. They had three buttons (normal button plus volume up and down) so I sent a tweet with their #makeitmega hastag and got my free swag...and promptly deleted the tweet.

Unfortunately, none of the buttons do anything. The volume up and down do nothing while I am on a call, and the other button didn't seem to do anything either. Is there any way to make this work? Its not like I am trying to use an apple headset...samsung was giving these away so presumably they work with android.

Reactions: hehateme2812

icase81

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia

Yesterday I got a set of free headphones from a Samsung Galaxy Mega promo booth. They had three buttons (normal button plus volume up and down) so I sent a tweet with their #makeitmega hastag and got my free swag...and promptly deleted the tweet.

Unfortunately, none of the buttons do anything. The volume up and down do nothing while I am on a call, and the other button didn't seem to do anything either. Is there any way to make this work? Its not like I am trying to use an apple headset...samsung was giving these away so presumably they work with android.

Samsung headsets are different than normal 'Apple Comaptible' headsets. The middle button and mic work on all my Apple headsets, but my Samsung specific headset, nothing works. I'm wondering if the M4D3 Sol Republic ones on the Moto site will have 3 buttons/work properly?

terabyte128

Oct 29, 2011
Seattle
Samsung headsets are different than normal 'Apple Comaptible' headsets. The middle button and mic work on all my Apple headsets, but my Samsung specific headset, nothing works. I'm wondering if the M4D3 Sol Republic ones on the Moto site will have 3 buttons/work properly?

I bought the Sol Republic headphones (separately, but they're the same model) and the middle play/pause button works but the volume ones don't.

Sent from my Moto X

ottothecow

Aug 26, 2013
I bought the Sol Republic headphones (separately, but they're the same model) and the middle play/pause button works but the volume ones don't.

Sent from my Moto X

Wait, so they are selling 3-button headphones in colors to match the phones...and the volume buttons don't even work?

I have still been unable to get *any* of the buttons on this samsung headset to work. I have some one button headsets that I am assuming will work (though I haven't tried yet), but the volume controls would be nice, especially when you are on a conference call where some people are on really loud handsets and others are on super quiet speakerphones.

terabyte128

Oct 29, 2011
Seattle
Wait, so they are selling 3-button headphones in colors to match the phones...and the volume buttons don't even work?

I have still been unable to get *any* of the buttons on this samsung headset to work. I have some one button headsets that I am assuming will work (though I haven't tried yet), but the volume controls would be nice, especially when you are on a conference call where some people are on really loud handsets and others are on super quiet speakerphones.

I can't speak for the earbuds that you actually get with the phone, but I'm 99% sure that the ones I have are the same, and no, the volume buttons don't work.

EDIT: unless the ones that Moto ships which the phones are customized somehow, which seems unlikely but I suppose it's possible.

Sent from my Moto X

icase81

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia
I can't speak for the earbuds that you actually get with the phone, but I'm 99% sure that the ones I have are the same, and no, the volume buttons don't work.

EDIT: unless the ones that Moto ships which the phones are customized somehow, which seems unlikely but I suppose it's possible.

Sent from my Moto X

They do claim they are 'M4DE' for Motorola and prominently feature the volume buttons in the presser. Whether thats just marketing/pr not talking to the engineers, who knows.

http://www.motorola.com/us/m4de-for-family-page.html

johnny grep

Sep 8, 2013
There's something odd with the headset jack... My Native Union POP Phone won't work on it either.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

terabyte128

Oct 29, 2011
Seattle
The ones that moto ships only have a single center button, the model with the volume buttons is designed for iphone

Well at least that explains it. It's a bit disappointing though, I was looking forward to that as sort of a new feature for an android phone. I can't believe they haven't done it yet - I mean, how hard can it possibly be?

Last edited:

ogeretla

Jan 14, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
the solution i found to this problem is changing the cable. lots of different cables are compatible. just thought I would share. hope it helps someone. i have the sol republic v10 tracks.

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
How well do the one-button Sol Republic earbuds sold on the Moto website work?

Does the phone respond well to the play/pause button press commands?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

They do claim they are 'M4DE' for Motorola and prominently feature the volume buttons in the presser. Whether thats just marketing/pr not talking to the engineers, who knows.

http://www.motorola.com/us/m4de-for-family-page.html

The ones that moto ships only have a single center button, the model with the volume buttons is designed for iphone