Can/should I buy the Moto X?

Tip us?

esskayy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288
Default Can/should I buy the Moto X?

Hi everyone,

I will be travelling to the States next month and thought it would be an opportune moment to buy the Moto X. So I just have a few questions...

1) Can I purchase the Moto X with a debit card? The Moto Maker only mentions using a credit card

2) I understand that shipping is free, but are there any taxes to be paid on top off the off-contract price? I will be living in North Carolina so should I expect their state tax to be applied to the price?

3) This is not so much question as request for advice: by the time I am ready to buy the Moto X, it will be around late January, do you think the price of the Moto X (developer edition) will have lowered by then? If not, do you still think it's worth me buying the Moto X or should I hold out for it's successor? I will only be in the US until May so I'm not sure if this is even possible. Don't want to return to the UK only to find out that Moto X '2' is US only as well!

Would really appreciate your answers/advice. Thanks in advance.

Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by esskayy View Post
1) Can I purchase the Moto X with a debit card? The Moto Maker only mentions using a credit card
If the debit card functions as a credit card (has MC/Visa symbol), the online purchase treats it like a credit card.

Quote:
2) I understand that shipping is free, but are there any taxes to be paid on top off the off-contract price? I will be living in North Carolina so should I expect their state tax to be applied to the price?
After some trial and error, i think sales tax is applied to all orders.

Quote:
3) This is not so much question as request for advice: by the time I am ready to buy the Moto X, it will be around late January, do you think the price of the Moto X (developer edition) will have lowered by then? If not, do you still think it's worth me buying the Moto X or should I hold out for it's successor?
I wouldn't hold out for the dev edition to drop in any amount. i'm betting it will sell out before it drops. you might have better luck trying to find a used Dev Edition for less.

Quote:
I will only be in the US until May so I'm not sure if this is even possible. Don't want to return to the UK only to find out that Moto X '2' is US only as well!
Technology (especially mobile devices) have a short shelf life. if you constantly worry about the next best thing, you'll never purchase the device you really want. Even if they release an "X2" next year, who's to say there will be many changes to make the switch worth it?

esskayy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288
Thanks for responding 640k.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'trial and error' - did your order come with sales tax? If you don't mind me asking, how much was this? I will be living and purchasing from North Carolina which has a sales tax of 7.5%, are you saying that this will be applied on top of the total price at checkout?

Appreciate your support.

wmdunn
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Thanks for responding 640k.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'trial and error' - did your order come with sales tax? If you don't mind me asking, how much was this? I will be living and purchasing from North Carolina which has a sales tax of 7.5%, are you saying that this will be applied on top of the total price at checkout?

Appreciate your support.
Sales tax will be added per the ship to address.
"Wise men still seek Him ... "

RenSoAbrupt
Old
Thanks Meter 27
If you will be in NC and you buy from the Motorola website while your card is an international visa debit not issued in the US. The purchase will not follow through, this is more likely to do with them using the AVS.

I wouldn't expect the X2 to be making a release already.

Sent from my Moto X