Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Voice cutting out on other end of call?

Tip us?

clankfu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 850
Default Voice cutting out on other end of call?

Is anyone experiencing this? A significant number of people over on the Android Central forum are experiencing their voices cutting out pretty frequently, especially when there's background noise. To clarify, the people on the other end of the line are saying that the person with Moto X's voice is intermittently dropping out.

Some are speculating that it's a problem with the noise cancelling software.

johnny grep
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
Is anyone experiencing this? A significant number of people over on the Android Central forum are experiencing their voices cutting out pretty frequently, especially when there's background noise. To clarify, the people on the other end of the line are saying that the person with Moto X's voice is intermittently dropping out.

Some are speculating that it's a problem with the noise cancelling software.
Yep, same problem here... It's all over the Motorola forums too, but they're talking about the Verizon edition. I told them that it happened on Rogers phones too.

clankfu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny grep View Post
Yep, same problem here... It's all over the Motorola forums too, but they're talking about the Verizon edition. I told them that it happened on Rogers phones too.
That would suck. Mine's on the way but this would be a deal breaker for me if it's not fixed very soon.

johnny grep
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
That would suck. Mine's on the way but this would be a deal breaker for me if it's not fixed very soon.
Well, I think it'll be fixed by software at some point, apparently the bug isn't being exhibited when using voip apps (Skype, csipsimple, etc)...

Yazzinit
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Not having any of those problems

clankfu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 850
Motorola is aware of the problem and working on a fix:

https://plus.google.com/104011926387...ts/9bSuwT3YSqg

Quote:
Kirk Stromberg 9:51 AM
Hey folks, we're adjusting echo cancellation parameters in the upcoming over-the-air (OTA) maintenance release. I am confirming that this should address the issues we're seeing here. Will post-back with confirmation shortly.
The Following User Says Thank You to clankfu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mrglass86
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Confirmed. Def an issue for my. The pizza place hung up on me cause they couldn't understand me. 4 bars too
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrglass86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackdforme
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Allow me to be thanked. For cdma versions (VZ and rogers) go to phone then settings and disable voice privacy. First it's BS anyway since cdma to cell is digitized anyway with basic encryption. Second the 48key encryption method I think called is95 umm sucks! It's uses bandwidth on a network that has none and causes breakup and delay. It's an immediate night and day difference.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC ONE, the first android that makes my nuts puke.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jackdforme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nh25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for that tip. I was so frustrated with my phone cutting out on the other end I was ready to throw this one in the trash. I exchanged my phone once already because of the call quality and I was on the verge of making the switch to another phone altogether.

Since turning off privacy I no longer have the issue. Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

jackdforme
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Same here. I was so upset. My first cdma phone. Who knew

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC ONE, the first android that makes my nuts puke.