Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Calendar notification sound

Tip us?
 
shamelin73
Old
#1  
shamelin73's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 419
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Naperville

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Calendar notification sound

I have a new Moto X developer edition and have 4.4.3 on AT&T.

I have used Zedge for changing my notification sounds but have found and issue were I can not change the default sound for the stock calendar app.

With the stock sound options will not change either.

I searched but didn't find anything.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Scott

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SOLD
Nokia Lumia 900 SOLD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III SOLD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV SOLD
Moto X Developer Edition
 
samwathegreat
Old
#2  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,590
Posts: 1,881
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelin73 View Post
I have a new Moto X developer edition and have 4.4.3 on AT&T.

I have used Zedge for changing my notification sounds but have found and issue were I can not change the default sound for the stock calendar app.

With the stock sound options will not change either.

I searched but didn't find anything.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
....Open the calendar app, go to settings, and change the notification tone there.

See the screenshot. Zedge can't do this for you - you need to do it from the Calendar app itself...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-01-13-16-44.png
Views:	59
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	2879606  
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
 
shamelin73
Old
#3  
shamelin73's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 419
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Naperville

 
DONATE TO ME
That's what I am having an issue with. It won't change even doing it the way you are showing me.

TY for the info

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Scott

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SOLD
Nokia Lumia 900 SOLD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III SOLD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV SOLD
Moto X Developer Edition
 
640k
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 753
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelin73 View Post
That's what I am having an issue with. It won't change even doing it the way you are showing me.

TY for the info

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
what do you mean it won't change? can you post a screenshot?
 
shamelin73
Old
#5  
shamelin73's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 419
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Naperville

 
DONATE TO ME
It is stuck on moto and none of the others will stay set. It just keeps defaulting to moto

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Scott

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SOLD
Nokia Lumia 900 SOLD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III SOLD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV SOLD
Moto X Developer Edition
 
samwathegreat
Old
#6  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,590
Posts: 1,881
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelin73 View Post
It is stuck on moto and none of the others will stay set. It just keeps defaulting to moto

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Upon further research, this is a known issue. See here for several potential work-arounds, specifically post #12 (if you are rooted). Additionally, there is a paid app mentioned in that thread that will allow you to set a custom notification without root.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...-ringtone.html

Good Luck.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE



Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shamelin73
Old
#7  
shamelin73's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 419
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Naperville

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Upon further research, this is a known issue. See here for several potential work-arounds, specifically post #12 (if you are rooted). Additionally, there is a paid app mentioned in that thread that will allow you to set a custom notification without root.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...-ringtone.html

Good Luck.
TY I will look into that

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Scott

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SOLD
Nokia Lumia 900 SOLD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III SOLD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV SOLD
Moto X Developer Edition

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Schedule Is Up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more