Cancel OTA update

Search This thread

Petrit Ziu

Apr 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hello, I accidentally started the 4.4.4 OTA update on my Moto X XT1058. I disconnected the wi-fi connection to temporarily stop it, but now it stays there in my notification area saying "waiting for wi-fi to resume downloading". I couldn't download it because I was connected to a limited data wi-fi mobile hotspot. I ain't even interested in taking the 4.4.4 so is there any way to stop the download process?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1416764759083.jpg
    1416764759083.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 291

shubh_007

Jun 4, 2012
Mumbai
Hello, I accidentally started the 4.4.4 OTA update on my Moto X XT1058. I disconnected the wi-fi connection to temporarily stop it, but now it stays there in my notification area saying "waiting for wi-fi to resume downloading". I couldn't download it because I was connected to a limited data wi-fi mobile hotspot. I ain't even interested in taking the 4.4.4 so is there any way to stop the download process?
Thanks in advance.

Restart the phone.

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

kkhadr

Apr 19, 2011
Stop OTA

Thanks in advance.

To Make sure you stopped it for good until you check it again follow these steps.

1. when you're prompted that your phone is resuming download drill down from screen top like the picture you attached.
2. long press the notification until you see another pop up saying App Info.
3. Press App Info it will take you App drawer.
4. Press clear data, then press force close.

That's it.

Petrit Ziu

Apr 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Thanks for the answer. First thing I did was 'force close' the app and it disappeared from the notification bar for a while than reappeared again. Anyway I went and downloaded it.

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Thanks in advance.

Read my op.

http://xdaforums.com/droid-ultra/ge...lling-halt-t2938130/post56708101#post56708101