Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

carrier unlocked question

Tip us?

Pwnicorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default carrier unlocked question

If someone has a T-Mobile carrier unlocked moto x can they unlock the boot loader (T-Mobile let's you) and then use it on att without any I issues?

chrstndsgnr
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnicorn View Post
If someone has a T-Mobile carrier unlocked moto x can they unlock the boot loader (T-Mobile let's you) and then use it on att without any I issues?
You don't have to unlock the bootloader to use it on att. Unlocking the bootloader just give you options for a custom recovery and flashing roms, etc.

The unlocked version is just that. You can put any gsm Sim card you want in it and it will work. LTE will vary according to the carrier you put it on with regards to frequencies used.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda premium

Pwnicorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrstndsgnr View Post
You don't have to unlock the bootloader to use it on att. Unlocking the bootloader just give you options for a custom recovery and flashing roms, etc.

The unlocked version is just that. You can put any gsm Sim card you want in it and it will work. LTE will vary according to the carrier you put it on with regards to frequencies used.

Yeah, I wanted to know if could also unlock the boot loader because the att model is unlockable. But a T-Mobile can have an unlocked bootloader and if it is unlocked carrier as well then you could have a non developer custom moto x with unlocked boot loader on att. Just curious if it us possible.

chrstndsgnr
Old
Thanks Meter 22
To answer your question: yes, you can unlock the bootloader. Doing so will void your warranty unless you buy the developer edition though.