No registration required

carrier unlocked question

OP Pwnicorn

5th February 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 21

74 posts
If someone has a T-Mobile carrier unlocked moto x can they unlock the boot loader (T-Mobile let's you) and then use it on att without any I issues?
5th February 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 22

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnicorn

If someone has a T-Mobile carrier unlocked moto x can they unlock the boot loader (T-Mobile let's you) and then use it on att without any I issues?

You don't have to unlock the bootloader to use it on att. Unlocking the bootloader just give you options for a custom recovery and flashing roms, etc.

The unlocked version is just that. You can put any gsm Sim card you want in it and it will work. LTE will vary according to the carrier you put it on with regards to frequencies used.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda premium
5th February 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 21

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrstndsgnr

You don't have to unlock the bootloader to use it on att. Unlocking the bootloader just give you options for a custom recovery and flashing roms, etc.

The unlocked version is just that. You can put any gsm Sim card you want in it and it will work. LTE will vary according to the carrier you put it on with regards to frequencies used.

Yeah, I wanted to know if could also unlock the boot loader because the att model is unlockable. But a T-Mobile can have an unlocked bootloader and if it is unlocked carrier as well then you could have a non developer custom moto x with unlocked boot loader on att. Just curious if it us possible.
5th February 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #4  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 22

80 posts
More
To answer your question: yes, you can unlock the bootloader. Doing so will void your warranty unless you buy the developer edition though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread