Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Cast Screen" In QuickSettings

Tip us?

danny39
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default "Cast Screen" In QuickSettings

I pulled down the quicksettings shade while on WiFi with my Chromecast on and this tile appeared. When I try to cast the screen it tells me that it failed to cast. Not sure if anybody else knew about this.

Here's a screenshot:

And I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I didn't find anything else about it so I don't think it has been.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Motorola Moto X 32GB (Navy/Silver/Black) (BL Unlocked)(Current)
Asus Transformer Pad Infinity w/ Dock (CM11)
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB (Black Mist) (Rooted)(Backup Device)
Just because it has Corning Gorilla Glass™ doesn't mean it won't break/scratch, it is glass after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplague1347 View Post
B-BUT IT HAS GIRILLA GLASS! IT TOUGH! NO BREAK. NO BREAK GURILLA
GLASS. GARILLA BIG TOUGH MONKEY! GLASS BIG AND TOUGH TOO!

rsromano
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny39 View Post
I pulled down the quicksettings shade while on WiFi with my Chromecast on and this tile appeared. When I try to cast the screen it tells me that it failed to cast. Not sure if anybody else knew about this.

Here's a screenshot:

And I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I didn't find anything else about it so I don't think it has been.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
I've seen this on my phone as well. It is not always available, and I received the same error you did.
Phone | T-Mobile Galaxy S II SGH-T989
Tablet | Nexus 7 (2013)

MichaelMcEntire
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Isn't that for Miracast?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

danny39
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMcEntire View Post
Isn't that for Miracast?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
I don't have Miracast (or the like) installed, I only have 3rd party casting apps apps like Netflix, Pandora, and Google Play Music and the official Chromecast app
Motorola Moto X 32GB (Navy/Silver/Black) (BL Unlocked)(Current)
Asus Transformer Pad Infinity w/ Dock (CM11)
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB (Black Mist) (Rooted)(Backup Device)
Just because it has Corning Gorilla Glass™ doesn't mean it won't break/scratch, it is glass after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplague1347 View Post
B-BUT IT HAS GIRILLA GLASS! IT TOUGH! NO BREAK. NO BREAK GURILLA
GLASS. GARILLA BIG TOUGH MONKEY! GLASS BIG AND TOUGH TOO!

kenrw7
Old
(Last edited by kenrw7; 8th May 2014 at 06:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
The moto x under settings has two ways to connect wireless displays 1) cast such as chromecast and 2) wireless display which is miracast.
I've a thread for miracast connection method not working. To use enable wireless in setting of display , enable wireless display on phone and search for device once found select and follow connection instructions. With mine when TV tries to complete connection to phone it fails.

At the moment im very disappointed in that no one on this forum and motorola support forum has provided an answer to my problem.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

BlueGoldAce
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrw7 View Post
The moto x under settings has two ways to connect wireless displays 1) cast such as chromecast and 2) wireless display which is miracast.
I've a thread for miracast connection method not working. To use enable wireless in setting of display , enable wireless display on phone and search for device once found select and follow connection instructions. With mine when TV tries to complete connection to phone it fails.

At the moment im very disappointed in that no one on this forum and motorola support forum has provided an answer to my problem.

I have an lg tv, it doesn't work with it. Yet it works with every other TV I have tried. It most likely is the connection type/software the lg is running. If the phone works with every other brand, but not one particular brand, it most likely is not the phones fault, but rather the LG TV. Its unfortunate, but not every manufacturer will make their equipment compatible with everyone else. Whether it is an LG, motorola, or combined issue...it doesn't make the phone any less of a great phone.

kenrw7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Right thanks, what couldn't understand is that the lg is WiFi certified as is the moto. So being certified is not an assurerity of device connection.

BlueGoldAce
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrw7 View Post
Right thanks, what couldn't understand is that the lg is WiFi certified as is the moto. So being certified is not an assurerity of device connection.

True. I have had problems in the past with my lg tv connecting or staying connect to wifi certified devices that are from brands other than LG. Hopefully LG fixes this with a firmware update, but I won't get my hopes up.

kenrw7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Once again thank you I too hope of an upgrade