Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change WIFI access points

Tip us?

stephanstricker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Change WIFI access points

Hi,
I have an unlocked AT&T Moto X and switched to T-Mobile. Everything works fine but the phone still tries to connect to the AT&T WIFI hotspots. Where can I change this to the T-Mobile hotspots?

Stephan

Jeff5241
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In Wi-Fi settings tap on the network that's trying to connect and there should be an option to forget

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

stephanstricker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5241 View Post
In Wi-Fi settings tap on the network that's trying to connect and there should be an option to forget

I don't think you can find this in the wi-fi settings. It must be stored somewhere deeper in the system.

Stephan

Jeff5241
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so then you meant the cellular network... Not Wi-Fi... Go to Settings -> More -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> delete AT&T's APN settings and add T-Mobile's APN settings

stephanstricker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5241 View Post
Ok so then you meant the cellular network... Not Wi-Fi... Go to Settings -> More -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> delete AT&T's APN settings and add T-Mobile's APN settings

No I mean the wi-fi network. AT&T installs some kind of bloatware that automatically connects to their wifi Hotspot when they are in reach.

Jeff5241
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I believe the only way to remove bloatware is to root your device and manually uninstall whatever system app might be doing that... Or just install a custom ROM that works for multiple networks