Ask a question

No registration required

Chrome loads blank websites often?

OP EvanVanVan

9th July 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

279 posts
Chrome fails to load sites regularly. It seems to load, the status bar completes but the page remains blank. The fix is easy enough, switching to a new tab and retrying the webpage/Google search loads the page properly. It's annoying though. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it permanently?

Thanks
Last edited by EvanVanVan; 9th July 2014 at 04:22 AM.
9th July 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

24 posts
More
For me fails to load at first then refresh and works fine. Are you tried uninstall/clear cache/reinstall?
The Following User Says Thank You to Joseluize For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseluize

For me fails to load at first then refresh and works fine. Are you tried uninstall/clear cache/reinstall?

Yeah I have thanks, and refresh continues to fall to load it.
9th July 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,646

12,250 posts
More
Just my opinion.. Chrome is a terrible browser. There's many superior ones on the play store.

Tho it could be the sites themselves as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Just my opinion.. Chrome is a terrible browser. There's many superior ones on the play store.

Tho it could be the sites themselves as well.

That was weird I check this thread an instant before I got the email about a reply and there wasn't one. Anyway...

Thanks for the reply, you're probably right. Unfortunately I like the passwords and bookmarks syncing too much.

It's a Chrome bug for sure though. I think something similar used to happen with my Nexus 7 (2013). I don't even really no why I posted it here, it really should be posted on Google's Product Forums.
9th July 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,646

12,250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan

That was weird I check this thread an instant before I got the email about a reply and there wasn't one. Anyway...

Thanks for the reply, you're probably right. Unfortunately I like the passwords and bookmarks syncing too much.

It's a Chrome bug for sure though. I think something similar used to happen with my Nexus 7 (2013). I don't even really no why I posted it here, it really should be posted on Google's Product Forums.

Chrome is on my debloat list immediately after any ROM flash. Lol

I use dolphin and boat browser.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 911

2,174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan

Chrome fails to load sites regularly. It seems to load, the status bar completes but the page remains blank. The fix is easy enough, switching to a new tab and retrying the webpage/Google search loads the page properly. It's annoying though. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it permanently?

Thanks

I haven't had this issue on my VZW Dev X. I'm stock but rooted (via twrp/supersu), no other modifications.

Are you running any mods on your phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

I haven't had this issue on my VZW Dev X. I'm stock but rooted (via twrp/supersu), no other modifications.

Are you running any mods on your phone?

I am running the 4.4.2 GPE Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ion-4-t2715488) on my VZW Dev X. I've got Xposed with Gravity Box installed as well. Similar stuff used to happen with my Nexus 7 like I said, although I also have GB [KK] installed on that too. And it hasn't been a problem on the N7 recently.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread