Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chrome loads blank websites often?

Tip us?

EvanVanVan
Old
(Last edited by EvanVanVan; 9th July 2014 at 03:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Chrome loads blank websites often?

Chrome fails to load sites regularly. It seems to load, the status bar completes but the page remains blank. The fix is easy enough, switching to a new tab and retrying the webpage/Google search loads the page properly. It's annoying though. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it permanently?

Thanks

Joseluize
Old
Thanks Meter 5
For me fails to load at first then refresh and works fine. Are you tried uninstall/clear cache/reinstall?
The Following User Says Thank You to Joseluize For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EvanVanVan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseluize View Post
For me fails to load at first then refresh and works fine. Are you tried uninstall/clear cache/reinstall?
Yeah I have thanks, and refresh continues to fall to load it.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2768
Just my opinion.. Chrome is a terrible browser. There's many superior ones on the play store.

Tho it could be the sites themselves as well.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EvanVanVan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Just my opinion.. Chrome is a terrible browser. There's many superior ones on the play store.

Tho it could be the sites themselves as well.
That was weird I check this thread an instant before I got the email about a reply and there wasn't one. Anyway...

Thanks for the reply, you're probably right. Unfortunately I like the passwords and bookmarks syncing too much.

It's a Chrome bug for sure though. I think something similar used to happen with my Nexus 7 (2013). I don't even really no why I posted it here, it really should be posted on Google's Product Forums.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan View Post
That was weird I check this thread an instant before I got the email about a reply and there wasn't one. Anyway...

Thanks for the reply, you're probably right. Unfortunately I like the passwords and bookmarks syncing too much.

It's a Chrome bug for sure though. I think something similar used to happen with my Nexus 7 (2013). I don't even really no why I posted it here, it really should be posted on Google's Product Forums.
Chrome is on my debloat list immediately after any ROM flash. Lol

I use dolphin and boat browser.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan View Post
Chrome fails to load sites regularly. It seems to load, the status bar completes but the page remains blank. The fix is easy enough, switching to a new tab and retrying the webpage/Google search loads the page properly. It's annoying though. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it permanently?

Thanks
I haven't had this issue on my VZW Dev X. I'm stock but rooted (via twrp/supersu), no other modifications.

Are you running any mods on your phone?
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EvanVanVan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
I haven't had this issue on my VZW Dev X. I'm stock but rooted (via twrp/supersu), no other modifications.

Are you running any mods on your phone?
I am running the 4.4.2 GPE Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ion-4-t2715488) on my VZW Dev X. I've got Xposed with Gravity Box installed as well. Similar stuff used to happen with my Nexus 7 like I said, although I also have GB [KK] installed on that too. And it hasn't been a problem on the N7 recently.