5,596,784 Members 48,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which color is more resistant to fingerprints : 'woven black' or 'black'

Tip us?

ap3604
Old
(Last edited by ap3604; 21st December 2013 at 02:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 431
Tutorial Which color is more resistant to fingerprints : 'woven black' or 'black'

I was about to order my moto x and I don't have one to compare against (all the stores I can get to only have woven black).

Which one has better fingerprint / smudge resistance?

- Woven Black

or

- Black

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1987
I have woven black, it doesn't really get any smudges at all. The back always looks clean and fingerprint free. My Nexus 5 on the other hand is a damn smudge magnet.
\m/(-_-)\m/

Bradart
Old
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
I have a white one that I then converted to a black one which was later converted to a green one. No fingerprints or stains on any of them.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
VZW CDM-8910>VZW VX-5200>AT&T Samsung Blackjack 2>Sprint HTC Touch (Vogue)>Sprint HTC Touch Diamond>Sprint HTC Hero>T-Mobile G1 (x3)>T-Mobile Mytouch 3g>Verizon Samsung Fascinate>T-Mobile Motorola Cliq>Verizon Motorola Droid X>Sprint HTC EVO 4g>Barnes and Noble Nook Color>Sprint Nexus S 4g>Sprint HTC Evo View 4g>Samsung Epic 4G Touch>HTC Evo 3d>Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus>Samsung Galaxy SIII>Asus Transformer Prime>HTC Evo LTE>Asus Nexus 7>Sprint Galaxy Note II>Sprint HTC One>Moto X

RyanTX
Old
Thanks Meter 69
I'd say woven would be better.

Moto X using Tapatalk

Phone: VZW Moto X DE
Nexus 7 FHD

Russell Sprouts
Old
Thanks Meter 2
What difference does it make? Are you a professional cellphone photographer?

Only parts of the phone that fingerprints irritate me is on the camera lens cover and sometimes the screen. The Moto X's screen is pretty slick and smudge resistant. But I do find myself occasionally touching the rear lens cover when pulling the phone out of my pocket.

Wash your hands more often and your phone will stay cleaner and as a side benefit you won't get sick as often.

As far as a materials, I'm not impressed with the scratch resistance of the "soft matte" colors. The back of my navy AT&T model picked up some little nicks in short order. I just got a woven black T-Mobile version and I'm hoping it will be more durable. It has a similar soft feel, though, so I'm not so sure. Maybe the smooth finish colors are better.

Or perhaps this phone just wasn't meant to be set down on anything hard without a cover installed...