Contact Madness and Duplicate Hell

OP nlinecomputers

22nd August 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
I have a VZW Moto X now running 4.4.4. Every sense the upgrade my contacts lists are now a mess. I have hundreds of quasi duplicates. It appears that my contacts app is drawing it's info from Google/Gmail the phone itself, my Exchange server, Facebook, LinkedIn, Waze? and others. I only want to use google or exchange. Both are synced and have the same info so either will do on my phone. Because of this I have many duplicate names listed that no information other then the name. No phone, no email just the name and I can't tell the source. I can limit to only working with one contact list by telling the phone to only display one list but that doesn't work for searches which give me 5 or 6 of the same name and only way to find the correct one is click on each one. This is making contacts useless. It use to work so how do I fix this? Were is the merge command that was in older versions of Android!

THanks,
Nathan Williams
23rd August 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 528

2,603 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlinecomputers

I have a VZW Moto X now running 4.4.4. Every sense the upgrade my contacts lists are now a mess. I have hundreds of quasi duplicates. It appears that my contacts app is drawing it's info from Google/Gmail the phone itself, my Exchange server, Facebook, LinkedIn, Waze? and others. I only want to use google or exchange. Both are synced and have the same info so either will do on my phone. Because of this I have many duplicate names listed that no information other then the name. No phone, no email just the name and I can't tell the source. I can limit to only working with one contact list by telling the phone to only display one list but that doesn't work for searches which give me 5 or 6 of the same name and only way to find the correct one is click on each one. This is making contacts useless. It use to work so how do I fix this? Were is the merge command that was in older versions of Android!

THanks,
Nathan Williams

Can you not go to people (open the app). Settings (...) Contacts to display : select just what you want?
23rd August 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Texas

25 posts
More
Yes but it does not work in search. If I do so I get results from all of the contact sources. Which defeats the point of limiting the lists in the first place.
The Following User Says Thank You to nlinecomputers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Texas

25 posts
More
Never mind. I have deleted the contact storage data and let it rebuild. Problem appears to be corrected.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dupes, merge contacts
Previous Thread Next Thread