5,593,587 Members 38,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Csipsimple (and bluetooth?) on the moto X

Tip us?

eldamobo
Old
(Last edited by eldamobo; 25th December 2013 at 08:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Csipsimple (and bluetooth?) on the moto X

Anybody try using Csipsimple with a bluetooth headset on the Moto X Kitkat Stock rom?

I tried it, and it started causing my handset speakers to crackle and emit some sort of digital noise. Csipsimple force closed.
When I tried it without the bluetooth headset connected, it force closed.

Even after I closed the app the phone would crackle randomly. So I rebooted it.

It was strange - I've had no problems using CsipSimple with my Galaxy. I've never seen these types of problems before.

piskr
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldamobo View Post
Anybody try using Csipsimple with a bluetooth headset on the Moto X Kitkat Stock rom?

I tried it, and it started causing my handset speakers to crackle and emit some sort of digital noise. Csipsimple force closed.
When I tried it without the bluetooth headset connected, it force closed.

Even after I closed the app the phone would crackle randomly. So I rebooted it.

It was strange - I've had no problems using CsipSimple with my Galaxy. I've never seen these types of problems before.
I have ATT's XT1058 and use Csipsimple with bluetooth occasionally. I have motorola's H17 headset and I didn't experience any issues. As you may know the Csipsimple bluetooth auto switch is in experimental phase and I haven't tried it yet. When i call I switch the call to bluetuoth manually. My advice is try with different headset and check your Csipsimple settings. find out which codecs are supported from your voip provider. According to my experience Csipsimple works well with aLaw and uLaw and maybe with G.729 (which must be bought separatelly).

Other cedecs are more or less useless and i don't use themat all. I also don't use different codecs for WIFI and mobile because it is pointless (you can't find special more adapted codecs for mobile). Therefore I have only aLaw and uLaw enabled and aLaw set as primary in Europe, the ulaw in America.

I don't use STUN (there is no need to use it and it cause additional lag) or any other functionallity which I don't understand precisely and I'm not sure what is its purpose.

Check your settings and replace the bluetooth, maybe install Csipsimple once again. I hope that you'll solve your problem.

eldamobo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks, it's good to know other users aren't experiencing the same problems. I'll take a closer look at the settings. I did transfer my settings over from my Samsung using the built in json file backup so I wonder if that flow isn't working so well