Data connection issue.

OP mlodykaras

12th June 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

103 posts
Hi all.

I have a weird problem. Yesterday my data connection dropped and never came back. WiFi works and calling and texting as well. I attached the picture with the 3g icon that I think is different than before? . When I enable data connection it dissapers and sometimes cellular signal goes to 0. I already called my carrier, they performed a network reset for my device but still the same thing. I checked my sim in the other phone and data works so it has to be an issue with the phone. Guys any ideas how to fix it without resetting the phone.? I already tried wiping cache from recovery... No luck. Phone is not rooted. Heeelp!

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402573022420.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	2794014  
12th June 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 241

746 posts
Did you check your APN?
13th June 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

103 posts
Yeah I did it check my apn. Deleted, created new, restored original settings. Still the same. But funny thing that this icon from data connection is still there even though I'm on holidays now. I'm in roaming mode and my data connection is disabled.

13th June 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,730

1,990 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlodykaras

Yeah I did it check my apn. Deleted, created new, restored original settings. Still the same. But funny thing that this icon from data connection is still there even though I'm on holidays now. I'm in roaming mode and my data connection is disabled.

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you have done quite a bit of customization. If you continue to have problems, you might consider a factory data reset. If the factory data reset still does not solve the problem, I would suggest doing an "SBF" back to full stock. SBF is unique in that it actually -restores- the partitions (even the baseband) on your phone. This makes an 'SBF' capable of actually repairing corruption in the filesystem - something a factory reset cannot do.

You can view the 'return to stock' thread for instructions on how to SBF back to stock here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...using-t2446515

Please keep us updated...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread