DELETED lack of respect

Search This thread

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
is there no place to get a dev edition version with no carrier stuff? i don't see any carrier specific things on mine right now.
There are two Developer Edition Moto X's that I'm aware of (at least when looking at Moto's site from the USA). GSM and Verizon/CDMA. The Verizon (XT1060) Dev Edition uses the same rom as the Verizon retail XT1060, and has the typical VZW bloat.

The GSM Dev Edition and T-Mobile USA are the same phone, XT1053, and use the same ROM. GSM DEV/T-Mobile ROM has no carrier bloat.

You can request the ROM directly from Motorola here -> https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/recovery-images But they only have the VZW 4.4, and GSM Dev 4.4 and 4.2.2. No 4.4.2 images yet.

Oh, and in one of your posts you mentioned about flashing the ATT rom? The ATT X is a XT1058. Its not recommended to flash the rom of one model X (XT1058) onto another model X (XT1053).

Last edited:

mastarifla

Oct 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
I asked this, but guess it got overlooked.

Can I just restore my first nandroid backup of the stock system that only had superuser installed? Then just unroot and flash stock recovery?

I'm on Verizon and don't plan to see an update soon, but just curious.

Thanks!

If that was the only thing that was changed in the system files then yes you are good to go with your plan, just make sure you have all the apks installed.

Reactions: trrubicon06

maledjo

Sep 16, 2012
I have a tmo dev edition, basically same scenario as you. Could you elaborate on step 2, please? Did you remove all apps that use root (like titaniumBU, adblock, etc) or did you remove SuperSU and all files associated with it? I presume you did all of this via mfastboot, yes?

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, i removed all the apps that require root. I did try with fastboot, it worked too.

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
I have a question sort of related to this. I accepted the OTA on my Tmobile US xt1053 before unlocking my bootloader and flashing twrp. So I am on the newer bootloader and stock 4.4.2 but I am rooted using TWRP. All I want to do is return to stock, so stock recovery and software. Can I use the rogers 4.4.2 recovery and then factory reset? Also can I use fastboot oem lock after I do this to re lock my bootloader?

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
I have a question sort of related to this. I accepted the OTA on my Tmobile US xt1053 before unlocking my bootloader and flashing twrp. So I am on the newer bootloader and stock 4.4.2 but I am rooted using TWRP. All I want to do is return to stock, so stock recovery and software. Can I use the rogers 4.4.2 recovery and then factory reset? Also can I use fastboot oem lock after I do this to re lock my bootloader?

Locking your bootloader won't make a difference as moto has your imei recorded, I'm not quite sure on how to do it but I do believe you need your specific carriers sbf firmware. The Rogers recovery should be OK to use but I would wait just in case for the T-Mobile 4.4.2 firmware

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

Reactions: snobrdr2324

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
Locking your bootloader won't make a difference as moto has your imei recorded, I'm not quite sure on how to do it but I do believe you need your specific carriers sbf firmware. The Rogers recovery should be OK to use but I would wait just in case for the T-Mobile 4.4.2 firmware

Thank you for the quick reply, I am returning it to moto for a refund and just wanted to factory reset. Ive read on here they don't care that an unlock code has been generated for returns I just wanted to make it as non obvious as I could beforehand. I didn't want to wait for the sbf files just incase they come outside my 14 day return window is why I am asking since who knows how long that will be.

D

Darth

Thank you for the quick reply, I am returning it to moto for a refund and just wanted to factory reset. Ive read on here they don't care that an unlock code has been generated for returns I just wanted to make it as non obvious as I could beforehand. I didn't want to wait for the sbf files just incase they come outside my 14 day return window is why I am asking since who knows how long that will be.

Returning it? You crazy! Lol

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
Returning it? You crazy! Lol

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

It's a great phone and if I were rolling in cash I'd definitely keep it, but as a broke college student I dont need 3 phones and this is the only one I can recoup all my money from so it makes the most sense to get rid of.

mastarifla

Oct 3, 2010
Dallas, TX

The recovery didn't change from 4.4 anyways, unroot via supersu/superuser, flash the stock recovery in TWRP and factory reset, then adb and do "fastboot OEM lock" and you should be good to go, unless that command doesn't work on moto...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deleted all info as there are few people who just complaining , sorry folks but there's a few bad apples that are disrespectful to us helpful xda members

Gotcha. That is what I was wondering. I do not have 4.4.2 loaded. I only have the .ZIP. So I'll need to get the 4.4 recovery, flash that, and then I can flash the OTA. THEN I can flash TWRP again.

Oh boy. This is a headache! :p

yes, this is correct. i'm currently trying to locate the sbr files. i swear, MotoX threads are a huge mess. i'm gonna start reporting. mods are gonna hate me but it needs to be done.
    I have a couple of newbie questions, so please excuse my inexperience.
    I have an XT1053 T-Mobile version with an unlocked bootloader, TWRP, 4.4, and Xposed.

First of all, will I lose system/app data at any point while trying to get my phone to accept the OTA safely?

Secondly, what would be the best method to revert my recovery back to stock?

Thirdly, how would I fully remove xposed to accept the OTA? In the thread for Xposed, there is an attached file called "Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip", but the only thing in the .zip is a file called "update-binary". What am I supposed to do with this file, and do I do this before or after uninstalling the framework via the app?

Once again, sorry if the answers to these questions seem obvious, but I haven't been able to find an answer by skimming some related threads and this seems like the right place to ask.

Good questions

First thing is yes you lose all your data, it puts your phone back in factory state, so save all your important stuff
    Second: the stock recovery IMG can be found in all sbf firmware files, I'm going to upload a copy to my other thread in the general section soon. You need to flash it with mfastboot (mfastboot flash recovery recovery. IMG)
    Third , yes you need to flash that zip, xposed has left a backup copy in the bin folder of the file that was altered by xposed, also root must be removed, any system files no matter how small must be put back in there original state.
    Your other option which in my opinion is the better root of upgrading to a new firmware pack is to flash the sbf firmware either manually or my preferred method , with rsdlite. The advantage is one, you have safeties and two you do not need to put your system back to OEM factory state

Does anybody have the stock recovery for XT1053 (T-Mobile) 4.4?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Look in the development section, there's a thread that has all the firmware

I think that there's some miscommunication here. I'd just like to get stock 4.4.2 and preferably without wiping my data. I'm not really interested in custom ROM's and I'd like to keep things simple as well.

I skimmed through the forum post you linked and I couldn't find any instructions for rsdlite in the thread you posted, could you please link the specific post?

Also, I've read that I can just sideload 4.4.2, would that be an option for me?

Once again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Here's rsdlite thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446515

As for side loading the ota yes you can but you still need the stock recovery and a untouched system. The easiest root is rsdlite the sbf firmware or manually flashing it with mfastboot, this way you avoid the step of putting your system back to factory stock .
    Kangakat is not a custom ROM , it the stock ROM with all moto goodies but is deodex and has some minor upgrades

Sent on my Lenoto A2109 tablet :) :)