Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,880 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DELETED lack of respect

Tip us?

KidJoe
Old
(Last edited by KidJoe; 17th February 2014 at 04:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxipoo View Post
is there no place to get a dev edition version with no carrier stuff? i don't see any carrier specific things on mine right now.
There are two Developer Edition Moto X's that I'm aware of (at least when looking at Moto's site from the USA). GSM and Verizon/CDMA. The Verizon (XT1060) Dev Edition uses the same rom as the Verizon retail XT1060, and has the typical VZW bloat.

The GSM Dev Edition and T-Mobile USA are the same phone, XT1053, and use the same ROM. GSM DEV/T-Mobile ROM has no carrier bloat.

You can request the ROM directly from Motorola here -> https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ecovery-images But they only have the VZW 4.4, and GSM Dev 4.4 and 4.2.2. No 4.4.2 images yet.

Oh, and in one of your posts you mentioned about flashing the ATT rom? The ATT X is a XT1058. Its not recommended to flash the rom of one model X (XT1058) onto another model X (XT1053).

mastarifla
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrubicon06 View Post
I asked this, but guess it got overlooked.

Can I just restore my first nandroid backup of the stock system that only had superuser installed? Then just unroot and flash stock recovery?

I'm on Verizon and don't plan to see an update soon, but just curious.

Thanks!
If that was the only thing that was changed in the system files then yes you are good to go with your plan, just make sure you have all the apks installed.
LG PM-225 > LG Muziq > Epic 4G > Nexus S 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Galaxy S3 > Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > Nexus 5 > Moto X
The Following User Says Thank You to mastarifla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maledjo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroisnotdead View Post
I have a tmo dev edition, basically same scenario as you. Could you elaborate on step 2, please? Did you remove all apps that use root (like titaniumBU, adblock, etc) or did you remove SuperSU and all files associated with it? I presume you did all of this via mfastboot, yes?
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, i removed all the apps that require root. I did try with fastboot, it worked too.

snobrdr2324
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have a question sort of related to this. I accepted the OTA on my Tmobile US xt1053 before unlocking my bootloader and flashing twrp. So I am on the newer bootloader and stock 4.4.2 but I am rooted using TWRP. All I want to do is return to stock, so stock recovery and software. Can I use the rogers 4.4.2 recovery and then factory reset? Also can I use fastboot oem lock after I do this to re lock my bootloader?

flashallthetime
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdr2324 View Post
I have a question sort of related to this. I accepted the OTA on my Tmobile US xt1053 before unlocking my bootloader and flashing twrp. So I am on the newer bootloader and stock 4.4.2 but I am rooted using TWRP. All I want to do is return to stock, so stock recovery and software. Can I use the rogers 4.4.2 recovery and then factory reset? Also can I use fastboot oem lock after I do this to re lock my bootloader?
Locking your bootloader won't make a difference as moto has your imei recorded, I'm not quite sure on how to do it but I do believe you need your specific carriers sbf firmware. The Rogers recovery should be OK to use but I would wait just in case for the T-Mobile 4.4.2 firmware

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snobrdr2324
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Locking your bootloader won't make a difference as moto has your imei recorded, I'm not quite sure on how to do it but I do believe you need your specific carriers sbf firmware. The Rogers recovery should be OK to use but I would wait just in case for the T-Mobile 4.4.2 firmware

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
Thank you for the quick reply, I am returning it to moto for a refund and just wanted to factory reset. Ive read on here they don't care that an unlock code has been generated for returns I just wanted to make it as non obvious as I could beforehand. I didn't want to wait for the sbf files just incase they come outside my 14 day return window is why I am asking since who knows how long that will be.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2866
Quote:
Thank you for the quick reply, I am returning it to moto for a refund and just wanted to factory reset. Ive read on here they don't care that an unlock code has been generated for returns I just wanted to make it as non obvious as I could beforehand. I didn't want to wait for the sbf files just incase they come outside my 14 day return window is why I am asking since who knows how long that will be.
Returning it? You crazy! Lol

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

snobrdr2324
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Returning it? You crazy! Lol

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
It's a great phone and if I were rolling in cash I'd definitely keep it, but as a broke college student I dont need 3 phones and this is the only one I can recoup all my money from so it makes the most sense to get rid of.

mastarifla
Old
(Last edited by mastarifla; 19th February 2014 at 04:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
The recovery didn't change from 4.4 anyways, unroot via supersu/superuser, flash the stock recovery in TWRP and factory reset, then adb and do "fastboot OEM lock" and you should be good to go, unless that command doesn't work on moto...
LG PM-225 > LG Muziq > Epic 4G > Nexus S 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Galaxy S3 > Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > Nexus 5 > Moto X

Cozume
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastarifla View Post
"fastboot OEM lock" and you should be good to go, unless that command doesn't work on moto...
It works

Relock Your Moto X Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Cozume For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]