5,600,182 Members 39,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dev Edition: anybody had issues anylocking the bootloader?

Tip us?

P!X3L
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroisnotdead View Post
Manually flashed the 4.4 package using the latest fastboot and dlls from the 4.4 SDK. I also tried with the fastboot and dlls included in the 4.4 moto factory package. I used the instructions from the moto site (see attached) as a general guide, but followed the sequence in the attached XML file. Everything flashed fine, I ran reboot-bootloader and it loaded just fine.

Still no unlock data from the bootloader. I did the same thing using the 4.2.2 GSM dev factory package with the same result. WTF. I have no idea what could be wrong. I mean, we're talking about two different bootloader images here, right?

FYI: Moto support sent me a response saying that can't help. Best I can do is return the phone for a refund or ask for a replacement.
I'd ask for a replacement and hope the turnaround is as fast as a carrier. If all the images flashed fine there's no reason you shouldn't be getting that unlock data. Especially on two different factory versions. As a last resort, I'd verify the various factory image files MD5's and then repeat the process using mfastboot exclusively and make sure to include the include the erase commands. That should put your phone back to stock for you to return anyways if it doesn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to P!X3L For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heroisnotdead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by P!X3L View Post
I'd ask for a replacement and hope the turnaround is as fast as a carrier. If all the images flashed fine there's no reason you shouldn't be getting that unlock data. Especially on two different factory versions. As a last resort, I'd verify the various factory image files MD5's and then repeat the process using mfastboot exclusively and make sure to include the include the erase commands. That should put your phone back to stock for you to return anyways if it doesn't work.
Did that. Everything flashed fine. I have a pending request into moto for replacement. They sold me an unlockable phone, clearly this one isn't, therefore it's defective. I really appreciate the time you took to help me P!X3L!

planktoid
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Hey. Do you get anything with fastboot getvar all

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

heroisnotdead
Old
(Last edited by heroisnotdead; 12th December 2013 at 11:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktoid View Post
Hey. Do you get anything with fastboot getvar all

Yup. Attached a screenie for ya. Something catch your eye?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	getvar_all.PNG
Views:	85
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	2451347  

planktoid
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Yes. Thanks. I am sending you a private message.

Durkbeef
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktoid View Post
Yes. Thanks. I am sending you a private message.

I'm encountering the same problem as op. Any chance I could get a pm as well?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Motorola Cliq: Rooted-Eclair2cliq
Mytouch 3g: Rooted-CM6
G1: Rooted-CM6
Nexus One: Rooted-CM6
G2: Rooted- CM7 Nightlies

heroisnotdead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Get a moto X if you don't care about unlocking the bootloader.

Motorola (much like HTC and their bull**** unlocking steps) is ****ing absurd. I finally got my replacement moto x and I was able to get the unlock data from this device. Of course, now the web site says my device isn't eligible to be unlocked. I haven't tried contacting T1 support because those guys are worthless.

My experience with motorola has been completely awful. The only reason I'm not using an N5 is due to the audio issues. Maybe that's been fixed now that the phone has had 2 updates and one hardware revision. There is no ****ing reason in the world why any company that advertises a "developer friendly" devices makes it this freaking hard to unlock the bootloader. Damn it! I guess I'm going to try their "tech support" and see what happens.

If you're on the fence about an N5 or Moto X and want to unlock the BL; just get an N5 and save yourself a lot of trouble.