Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dev edition ROM

Tip us?

alrojas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Dev edition ROM

Hi again,
Is it possible install a Dev Edition ROM on a "common" Moto X?

Thanks!

LITTLE TOUCHES MAKE GREAT TRAITS
If I have helped you in any way please Feel Free To Hit the THANKS Button

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,630

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrojas View Post
Hi again,
Is it possible install a Dev Edition ROM on a "common" Moto X?

Thanks!
The Dev edition Roms aren't one byte different from the regular ones.

The vzw Dev edition uses the regular xt1060 ROM.
The GSM Dev edition use the T-Mobile xt1053 ROM.

What are you trying to accomplish?!?
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

alrojas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
The Dev edition Roms aren't one byte different from the regular ones.

The vzw Dev edition uses the regular xt1060 ROM.
The GSM Dev edition use the T-Mobile xt1053 ROM.

What are you trying to accomplish?!?
I just wanna "transform " my regular Moto X to Moto X Dev Edition. So Is it possible?

My Moto X is a XT1058.

Thanks the replys

LITTLE TOUCHES MAKE GREAT TRAITS
If I have helped you in any way please Feel Free To Hit the THANKS Button

StATicxTW0T
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
I just wanna "transform " my regular Moto X to Moto X Dev Edition. So Is it possible?

My Moto X is a XT1058.

Thanks the replys
There is no hardware or software difference besides the unlockable bootloader. When the bootloader exploit gets released, unlock your device, and it will be nearly the same. (I only say nearly because I feel like i'm forgetting something.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,630

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

My Moto X is a XT1058.

Thanks the replys
That really doesn't make sense....but no. You can't.

There are SEVERAL XT1058s. Which do you have? The AT&T Variant, or a different one?

If you do NOT have the AT&T variant, you can already unlock the bootloader which basically "transforms" it into a DEV edition without doing anything else.

Any phone with an unlocked bootloader *IS* an un-official "DEV" edition. There is nothing "special" about the Dev editions except for their unlockable bootloaders, or rather the fact that they retain their warranty after being unlocked.

I'm not understanding what you intend to gain?

ALL Moto X's have unlockable bootloaders *EXCEPT* for the Verizon, AT&T, and Republic Wireless variants.

The only thing "special" about the dev editions is that they keep their warranty intact after unlocking the bootloader. But if it isn't a device SOLD as a DEV edition, you will void its warranty anyways.

And if you happen to have the AT&T, Verizon, or Republic Wireless variant, see the thread in General titled "China Middleman Back" - that guy sells codes that unlock the bootloader on the locked variants. If you pay him and get a code, your phone will be a non-official DEV edition. If you DON'T have AT&T, Verizon, or Republic Wireless variant, you can *already* unlock it *FREE* from Moto's official unlock website.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

Topsnake
Old
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
That really doesn't make sense....but no. You can't.

There are SEVERAL XT1058s. Which do you have? The AT&T Variant, or a different one?

If you do NOT have the AT&T variant, you can already unlock the bootloader which basically "transforms" it into a DEV edition without doing anything else.

Any phone with an unlocked bootloader *IS* an un-official "DEV" edition. There is nothing "special" about the Dev editions except for their unlockable bootloaders, or rather the fact that they retain their warranty after being unlocked.

I'm not understanding what you intend to gain?

ALL Moto X's have unlockable bootloaders *EXCEPT* for the Verizon, AT&T, and Republic Wireless variants.

The only thing "special" about the dev editions is that they keep their warranty intact after unlocking the bootloader. But if it isn't a device SOLD as a DEV edition, you will void its warranty anyways.

And if you happen to have the AT&T, Verizon, or Republic Wireless variant, see the thread in General titled "China Middleman Back" - that guy sells codes that unlock the bootloader on the locked variants. If you pay him and get a code, your phone will be a non-official DEV edition. If you DON'T have AT&T, Verizon, or Republic Wireless variant, you can *already* unlock it *FREE* from Moto's official unlock website.
@samwathegreat can i flash a Galaxy Note 3 rom? I want to transform my maxx to a note 3. I really like the bigger screen.

Wut?

Moral of the story, SEARCH BEFORE POSTING! Chances are it has been asked several times.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Topsnake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]