Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,110 Members 52,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable bluetooth MAP?

Tip us?

triton302
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default Disable bluetooth MAP?

My X is paired to my 2013 F-150 via SYNC and it automatically adds the voice, media and message features upon connecting. However, every time I get a text, SYNC stops everything to tell me I have a new text message, and it's annoying. You can turn MAP off temporarily by manually disabling it while the phone is paired, but once it re-pairs with SYNC, it automatically activates MAP again. I do use the voice and media though.

My question is this... is there any way to permanently disable the MAP feature on the X? I don't use it and never will. I always check my phone when a new message arrives or wait until I'm at a stop. I just want to be able to be able to remove the MAP feature.
Motorola Moto X Dev Edition (VZW)

piccit
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton302 View Post
My X is paired to my 2013 F-150 via SYNC and it automatically adds the voice, media and message features upon connecting. However, every time I get a text, SYNC stops everything to tell me I have a new text message, and it's annoying. You can turn MAP off temporarily by manually disabling it while the phone is paired, but once it re-pairs with SYNC, it automatically activates MAP again. I do use the voice and media though.

My question is this... is there any way to permanently disable the MAP feature on the X? I don't use it and never will. I always check my phone when a new message arrives or wait until I'm at a stop. I just want to be able to be able to remove the MAP feature.
You can probably unpair (from both the phone and sync) and then repair and when you repair just deny the MAP access request.

Also, you should be able to turn off new message download in Sync