5,605,311 Members 38,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disable Contextual Services, do they still run?

Tip us?

mawells787
Old
Thanks Meter 21
[QUOTE=mikeuresti;49197626]I am just curious, how the HECK do you manage to have 3 hours + of SOT at 25% with everything enabled? that blows me away. is your idle time very low? cause honestly my phone idles longer than its being used, i figure if i had my phone on using it nonstop i could pull off 3 hours with 25% battery, but i work alot and its off more than its on, possibly contributing to the lower SOT in my aspect.

ok, used my phone heavy today, these pics show amazing screen time with 60% battery. i really think disabling contextual services helps, i was using youtube and web browsing on 4g LTE heavily today and here are the results

anyone share their thoughts on this?[/QUOTE

I'll take pics tonight I don't usually let my phone run down that low. Except when I was trying to test my battery. For a while I wasn't getting good SOT or stand by times. One day android OS ran down my battery and I got pissed off so I sbf back to 4.2.2. Afterwards I let the ota hit the phone did a factory reset after 4.4. When I was setting up my phone I didn't restore anything from play store just did it manually and it has helped. No more high android OS usage.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

mawells787
Old
Thanks Meter 21
This is at 74% 1hr SOT with Google now and moto services running. And I took a shot of running apps to show that all moto services are running.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389173284435.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	2501899   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389173293536.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	2501900   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389173313926.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2501901  

mikeuresti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks a lot mawells! I am pretty much concluding that the difference is so negligible that the battery gains do not out-weigh the features you are missing.

I also noticed that you are using backup assistant plus? its an annoying little bugger of an app, have you any way to disable/remove that feature? i am stuck with verizon and i cant seem to stop backup assistant plus from running.

mawells787
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeuresti View Post
Thanks a lot mawells! I am pretty much concluding that the difference is so negligible that the battery gains do not out-weigh the features you are missing.

I also noticed that you are using backup assistant plus? its an annoying little bugger of an app, have you any way to disable/remove that feature? i am stuck with verizon and i cant seem to stop backup assistant plus from running.
No there's no way to disable it I hate it myself. If you are rooted you can freeze it through titanium backup. But as long as its not syncing its not really doing much.