Ask a question

No registration required

display banding vertical lines

OP happyhour13

8th March 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Literally, after the first week of my moto x, the nav bar got burnt! This has to be a record for an amoled display. Im starting to miss my iphone lcd!
30th May 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 24

288 posts
I am also experiencing these fuzzy, faint, horizontal, "canvassing" lines. Most noticeable when the screen brightness goes down.

I never noticed this on my old Galaxy S3, but now that I go back to it and scrutinize them side by side, I do notice a tiny bit of canvassing on the S3 too, but nowhere as strong as it is on the Moto X.
19th January 2015, 02:37 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
double post, delete.
Last edited by Emiliano55; 22nd January 2015 at 12:47 AM.
22nd January 2015, 12:46 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhour13

Took a photo with my tablet. These are the lines im talking about.

Also use the screenshot so u can check whether u have the same problem.

I have the SAME vertical line as you, only that mine is just a bit on the right side, like between 5 and 6 oclock. You have it just under the 6 oclock. And yes, only noticeable with gray screens like the settings menu and also you can notice about it only when viewing the screen with no ambient light. If you have too much light in the ambient its impossible to view it.

I'm also having those fuzzy faint horizontal lines that are noticieable on whites and gray backgrounds. But then again, only noticieable with not much ambient light, and you have to look really close to the screen to notice them all around the screen.

I did my research of this (since I have this phone for 12 days already) and noticed its all normal on AMOLED panels (some may have lesser issues, some may have worst issues). Its just that people are not the same, and eyes are not the same. You have to be pretty obsessive and minimalist to notice these OLED issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread