XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Don't Get the Kit Kat Easter Egg When I Tap Android Build Repeatedly

Tip us?

Cozume
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default Don't Get the Kit Kat Easter Egg When I Tap Android Build Repeatedly

I am rooted and my bootloader is unlocked. I got rid of the bootloader unlocked warning by flashing the original kit kat logo.

Before I did that though, I erased clogo and then I think I over wrote it with the kit kat logo file. Anyhow, I don't get the Kit Kat easter egg when I tap Android Build repeatedly. I suppose erasing clogo and overwriting it messed that up because the only other thing I did was overwrite the entitlement services apk so I could wifi tether for free but I can't imagine that would have anything to do with the kit kat easter egg.

What is the best way for me to try to fix this?

I am mostly concerned about getting back to stock for the OTA and I clearly did something that is not stock.

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
I am rooted and my bootloader is unlocked. I got rid of the bootloader unlocked warning by flashing the original kit kat logo.

Before I did that though, I erased clogo and then I think I over wrote it with the kit kat logo file. Anyhow, I don't get the Kit Kat easter egg when I tap Android Build repeatedly. I suppose erasing clogo and overwriting it messed that up because the only other thing I did was overwrite the entitlement services apk so I could wifi tether for free but I can't imagine that would have anything to do with the kit kat easter egg.

I am mostly concerned about getting back to stock for the OTA and I clearly did something that is not stock.
Use rsdlite to convert back to stock.

MOTO X Slapped

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote:

Here you go. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45634726

MOTO X Slapped

Cozume
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
Use rsdlite to convert back to stock.

MOTO X Slapped
ok, will that completely put me back to stock in other words, reverse any changes I made?

Also, would I have to reverse the changes I made to the entitlement services apk manually?

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
ok, will that completely put me back to stock in other words, reverse any changes I made?

Also, would I have to reverse the changes I made to the entitlement services apk manually?
I came from a gs4 and we had Odin. Looks like rsdlite is almost the same thing. You will download your needed firmware which will have everything you need to go back to stock. No need to mess with anything because flashing the XML file should flash everything back to original stock.

MOTO X Slapped

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote:

Follow instructions to the T. I used rsdlite to downgrade. I had to modify the XML file but I was on 4.4 and reverted back to 4.2 and ota back to 4.4

MOTO X Slapped
The Following User Says Thank You to hovax615@hotmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Don't you click the version number(4.4.2) to get the easter egg, not the build version?
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

Cozume
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
Don't you click the version number(4.4.2) to get the easter egg, not the build version?
That doesn't work for me either. The screen dims on me but then no animation starts. It is the same with the tapping the version number as it is with tapping the build number.

Clearly whatever I did with clogo cracked my easter egg. I don't care about that so much as I want to make sure I can revert back to stock if necessary. Looks like I can flash the firmware once it becomes available, but I am worried about accidentally accepting the OTA when I am not stock.

I am on Verizon and they haven't even started the soak test yet, but I want to get back to stock soon.